many cartridges with 1 powder

ARlife4me

Whether the powder you used too get or still load with and load the same powder for multiple cartridges. As many state using h4350 or h1000 for many different cartridges what are they (not just those 2 powders)? My 3 most used powders are imr 4320, 4350 and 4831 for only 264wm and 270win for decades before branching out into other cartridges. While I do have many other powders, I haven't used much of them as so far? LRT, n570 and 7828ssc are the newcomers for many of my newly acquired cartridges. 243win seems to be able too use magnum, lrt, 7828ssc also?

748 and 760 can be used in myriad of cartridges from .17 Rem to 338-06, 760 will go from 22-250 right up to 375 Weatherby and 416 Remington. Then you have Varget, Benchmark and H4895 that will load into a wide variety of case sizes. I use H1000 and Retumbo from 25-06 right up to my 338-416 Rigby Improved 45° and 375-416 Rigby Improved 40°. RE25 is also great in myriad of cartridges.
The only powder in it's own little niche is RE19, works awesome in 30-06 based cartridges of 30 and larger, and is excellent in the 338WM pushing most weights 100fps faster than most other powders.

Cheers.

My father died in 1961 at age 55. He had been loading for just about 10 years due to the influence of a friend.
He did all the loading for himself, my brother, me, and my future brother in law.
Cartridges were 30/06, 300 Savage, 35 Rem, and 220 Swift.
There was only one powder used for all of them, and that was 3031. And round nose bullets were used in everything as well. lol

Whether the powder you used too get or still load with and load the same powder for multiple cartridges. As many state using h4350 or h1000 for many different cartridges what are they (not just those 2 powders)? My 3 most used powders are imr 4320, 4350 and 4831 for only 264wm and 270win for decades before branching out into other cartridges. While I do have many other powders, I haven't used much of them as so far? LRT, n570 and 7828ssc are the newcomers for many of my newly acquired cartridges. 243win seems to be able too use magnum, lrt, 7828ssc also?
IMR4350 is the forgotten powder that shoots well in pretty much anything. There is difference between well and maximum performance but to what degree? Seems to be available most of time at decent pricing.

W760 is right there with it in versatility.

Ramshot Hunter is another powder than can get it done across wide range of cartridges. Crap, there goes that powder now.

I keep buying different powder to try. It's an affliction. I still find myself using H4831 and H4350 more than any of the others. I will say the old 308win prefers Varget, but I just can't leave things alone for some reason. I'm intrigued by some of the new ball powders from Winchester. It meters great and helps with limited powder capacities in some cases.

I keep buying different powder to try. It's an affliction. I still find myself using H4831 and H4350 more than any of the others. I will say the old 308win prefers Varget, but I just can't leave things alone for some reason. I'm intrigued by some of the new ball powders from Winchester. It meters great and helps with limited powder capacities in some cases.
Admission is the first step to recovery. I don't want to recover though

IMR4350 is the forgotten powder that shoots well in pretty much anything. There is difference between well and maximum performance but to what degree? Seems to be available most of time at decent pricing.

Ramshot Hunter is another powder than can get it done across wide range of cartridges. Crap, there goes that powder now.
Correct on Ramshot Hunter! I am down to my last 1/2 lb and have not seen it anywhere in 6+ months. Big Game works across a large spectrum as well, but I have had better luck with Hunter.

I was doing that as well until this year. I am now only replacing powders I use often that I am running short on, but still looking for unicorn dust RL-26 here. Living in AK, we really can't order online and have it shipped here.

I always have IMR 4350 and W760 on my shelf. Along with some Hunter, don't worry your secret is safe with me.😉
Using one powder for all only optimizes one.
This statement says it all!