Manners MCS-PH any feedback?

I wonder if one of the Seekins SRS rails would fit in its place?

I don't think so, the Manners rail is rounded on one end so that it nests into the carbon fiber of the stock. My SRS is in a box somewhere, but if memory serves its more for a flat/curved surface on a traditional stock that has a couple of sling swivels.

I don't think so, the Manners rail is rounded on one end so that it nests into the carbon fiber of the stock. My SRS is in a box somewhere, but if memory serves its more for a flat/curved surface on a traditional stock that has a couple of sling swivels.

I know they offer flat or curved bottom and different lengths. I just went thru the search for a stock I am repairing.

For others, it might be worth the effort to buy a cheap M-lok rail and have it machined to fit and Cerakote it to overcome the issue. It would allow you to set aside the factory rail in the event you decide to sell down the road.

Does anyone know or have a way to measure the comb height of the PH vs the EH1? I'm not overly concerned with the weight difference or the added features/hardware but if the comb height is higher then I might be interested. When I called Manners and explained i was considering changing from the EH1 to the PH I was told they are the same. Thanks

I know they offer flat or curved bottom and different lengths. I just went thru the search for a stock I am repairing.

For others, it might be worth the effort to buy a cheap M-lok rail and have it machined to fit and Cerakote it to overcome the issue. It would allow you to set aside the factory rail in the event you decide to sell down the road.

I am hoping its just something Manners considers changing in the future based on feedback. TS Customs makes their KS1 stock which has a similar front rail that I believe doesn't suffer from the same problem, but I don't think they sell them unattached to a rifle. Some healthy competition on the market might inspire the upgrade, unless Manners specifically did it so that bipods wouldn't fall off under recoil. Some place like MK Machining could scan and 3D print one, but it seemed like too much effort for my uses and I don't know if there would be a big enough market for such a niche item to make it worthwhile.

Okay, you degenerates talked me into it. I placed the order this afternoon for the PH inletted for the Aero Precision Solus, Proof Sendero Lite, Back in Black, Hawkins M5 DBM and with the single rear bottom flush cup.

Now, decision time on a chamberings, I am wanting a 10 or 11 twist 308 just because ammo is always available in some form from the factory, on the other hand, bullets are scarce because of the sheer number of 30cal offerings.

I am undecided on the 2nd and possibly 3rd chamberings.

I am also going to pony up for a Nightforce with the Mil-C reticle, just haven't figured out which one.

Okay, you degenerates talked me into it. I placed the order this afternoon for the PH inletted for the Aero Precision Solus, Proof Sendero Lite, Back in Black, Hawkins M5 DBM and with the single rear bottom flush cup.

Now, decision time on a chamberings, I am wanting a 10 or 11 twist 308 just because ammo is always available in some form from the factory, on the other hand, bullets are scarce because of the sheer number of 30cal offerings.

I am undecided on the 2nd and possibly 3rd chamberings.

I am also going to pony up for a Nightforce with the Mil-C reticle, just haven't figured out which one.
Darryle I would still pony up for for at least a 9 twist barrel and I prefer 8 twist for monos.

I'd use a 308 if it was all I had. The 6.5mm bullets are just so much better at longer distances. Hell, factory ammo offerings for the 6.5CM have eclipsed 308 in my area from all the big box stores let alone the abundance of choices when it comes to handloading. If you're looking for more speed and energy, jump up to either the 6.5 or 7PRC.

Great call on the NF. Between here and snipershide, there are several 4-16x42 ATACRs available. Tough to beat it on a hunting rifle.

I keep being distracted by too many other wants and perceived needs. I still haven't ordered a PH. Based on the input here, the PH has moved up on the wish list. If I could nail down the action for my next build, I would probably pull the trigger and order the stock. Given the way my body feels after putting 20 miles in the last 3 days on my old back and knees in the hunting woods, weight is a critical factor. I really appreciate the input.

I'd use a 308 if it was all I had. The 6.5mm bullets are just so much better at longer distances. Hell, factory ammo offerings for the 6.5CM have eclipsed 308 in my area from all the big box stores let alone the abundance of choices when it comes to handloading. If you're looking for more speed and energy, jump up to either the 6.5 or 7PRC

During the crunch, you could find some form of 308 on the shelf, no 223/5.56, 6.5 or 7mm anything.

I have four 6.5s, 2 customs and 2 factory. The 308 is a JIC SHTF scenario rifle. One 6.5 PRC is enough for me.