Lyman gen 6 vs chargemaster1500 vs Hornady

I'm in the same situation. I watched a video on Hornady's and it's not simple enough for me, so I'm down to the chargemaster or the Gen 6. I'm leaning towards the Gen6

I have had the Hornady and now own the Chargemaster. I looked at the Lyman but still went with the Chargemaster and glad that i did. It does occasionally throw .1 above but it will tell you the hornady will throw .1 over and will say that it is on. The CM is the only way to go in my eyes. I double weight and my 1010 and 1500 are always the same. So far it has not lied like my Hornady

I HAD a Hornady, actually went through two of them. They are JUNK in my opinion. Continuous over charges and very frustrating, spend an hour at the bench and get maybe 5-10 rounds loaded. I spent lots of time on the Hornady Customer Service line, and they are decent folks, they had me reprogramming the speeds and timing when it would go from high speed to slow speed trickle and so on but nothing worked. Trashed it and bought the Lyman this past weekend. Very pleased with it so far, and it throws perfect charges according to my Redding balance beam scale. I can even dump a partial charge with my Lee powder dipper and then let it trickle the rest and it is really fast. Highly recommend this one.

I have no experience with the RCBS, but I know a couple fellows that use and like them a lot.

Im not tring to change your mind but have you looked at a pact unit. Made in the usa, in texas I believe, and amazing warranty. I know I like mine.

I had a Lyman that crapped out. Moved up to the Chargemaster. I test it against a couple of known weights that I have that weigh 55.0 grains and 103.0 grains and the scale is never off. It is basically perfect. (I use it without the autodispenser.)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.