Lyman Gen 6 BEWARE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John@redmt

Someone posted up the other day about scales but I can't find that thread to post up my .03 worth.
I'll try to make this short. After reading all the hype about the Lyman gen 6 I went to my not so local Sportsmans Warehouse and bought a new (I thought) digital scale. I open it up today to find it's been used and has POWDER in it AND it's not even complete. I called the store and explained my displeasure and they explained that not only could I return it that they would kick me down a $30.00 certificate. Great customer service!!! Then they went further to let me know that they are discontinuing carrying that scale because they had to take back nearly everyone that they had sold. I can't write a product review because I didn't have enough pieces to use it but I think that SW discontinuing them says enough right there. Maybe they should have taken them off the shelf instead of passing it off to someone else,,,,,

I've shopped at three Sportsman's Warehouses' (San Antonio, Colorado Springs, and Boise) and the people really seem to know what they are doing and talking about, relative to a lot of other 'outdoor' stores. Glad to hear they made things right for you. Weird to get home and open up a 'new' product and find it's been used, parts are missing, and there was still gunpowder in it! Talk about 'oops!'

Maybe you can get an RCBS Chargemaster Lite and be a happy camper?

I have had the same experience with the local sportsman's here in albq NM. I quit asking people questions that work there cause they don't have a clue, I mean come on if u work at an outdoors store atleast be a outdoorsman and camp, shoot and hunt. I can see from a mile away when I am getting bull crap answer on something and that feels like the norm when I go here so I don't no more. So I do my own research and buy online! Good luck man and just get a chargemaster or save for a little longer and get u an A&D fx120i.

Well...the catch of having someone knowledgeable at SW is that if that perwon gives you info and you use it and blow yourself up....they could be held responsible.....liability issues are everywhere....
I have a few years of experience building...decided i was gonna apply for a job at HD and Lowes....both places turned me down three times........i guess i don't cut materials correctly......i was taught wrong 30 years ago......

It is going to be a rare minimum-wage retail clerk who knows as much as available on the internet. Nowadays, I do my homework and know exactly what I want before I ever step in a store.

Just have stuff in stock and give decent service. SW's delivers on that. Scheel's, too. Cabelas, used to, but not so much anymore.

The 3 guys I'm familiar with in the SW store in Stockton are very knowledgeable. 1 is a NRA instructor, 1 teaches introductory reloading and the other has a very broad knowledge of most if not all the firearm related items. They also have a couple of others that will try and take care of you then direct you to the correct person to help if they can't. I don't think you can ask for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.