RCBS Charge Master or Lyman Gen 5 Touch Screen?

Lee56

Does anyone have any experience with the new Lyman Gen 5 Touch Screen powder scale? I am ready to go to the auto powder dispenser and was leaning towards the RCBS Charge Master. However I see that Lyman claimed that there NEW Gen 5 unit is more accurate and "easer" to use.
Has anyone done a side by side comparison ?
Thanks

+1 on the rcbs

Haven't used the brand new Lyman but the one I had used about two years ago I was not impressed with how long it took to let it warm up. Ended up buying the charge master and LOVE it!! I've got close to 8000 rounds reloaded without a single problem. Very happy with it!!

I can't really say anything about the Lyman good or bad. I have never used one because I have had the RCBS chargemaster for 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. It works great.

I would also love to see a side by side comparison, or hear from somebody who has experience with both. I am looking at the RCBS chargemaster or the Lyman Gen 5, or Gen 6. I like the looks of the screen more on the Lyman, my Hornady I currently have is somewhat hard to read in some light. The most important thing is accuracy, and I have heard the RCBS is quite accurate. I would like to know if these newer Lyman models are on par with the RCBS?

I have the RCBS Chargemaster 1500. Had it for three years and it stopped working. I thought it was great up until the point that RCBS told me they would replace it for 200.00 and that I had no other options. My buddy had the Lyman, which was slower and prone to drift but easily corrected and when it failed, after 5 years, they sent him a new one, updated to Gen 6 for 45.00. That thing flies and works as well or better than the RCBS product with a **** good warranty to boot. I am done with RCBS!

I can only say that I use a RCBS Chargemaster and it has been great. Every now and again it will overcharge by .1 grain, but I just pick up a few grains and it is all good. I have been very happy with the RCBS, I could not say how many rounds I have loaded with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.