Lyman Gen 6 BEWARE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...cabelas sold us out.....now bass pro is selling 11 stores for 324 million.....poor bastards thst are buying the declining chain....
Well cabelas used to take care of us....

Someone posted up the other day about scales but I can't find that thread to post up my .03 worth.
I'll try to make this short. After reading all the hype about the Lyman gen 6 I went to my not so local Sportsmans Warehouse and bought a new (I thought) digital scale. I open it up today to find it's been used and has POWDER in it AND it's not even complete. I called the store and explained my displeasure and they explained that not only could I return it that they would kick me down a $30.00 certificate. Great customer service!!! Then they went further to let me know that they are discontinuing carrying that scale because they had to take back nearly everyone that they had sold. I can't write a product review because I didn't have enough pieces to use it but I think that SW discontinuing them says enough right there. Maybe they should have taken them off the shelf instead of passing it off to someone else,,,,,
I had first gen electronic scale and dispenser. Shortly after purchase it actually caught fire and melted the wires. Luckily no powder in it at the time. Lyman seemed unconcerned and just sent same model back. Never used.

I absolutely refuse to go to the bass ho. They put .22 ammo on sale and I was at the store when they opened. There wasn't any! I asked them to show me the empty shelf where it was. The guy says they restocked the shelf with something else already. I call BS. The ammo was gone before the store even opened and they restocked? Plain old bold faced LIE. I wouldn't go back there unless it was to watch the place burn to the ground.

They also have a couple of others that will try and take care of you then direct you to the correct person to help if they can't. I don't think you can ask for more.

A simple "may I help you?" goes a long way past ignoring any customer. Even if they have to say, "I don't know, but I will find out".

Best bet is to prolly save your time and bypass the Lyman anyhow. I had one and didn't keep it a month. Bought a chargemaster and was great investment and lasted many years. Now running a chargemaster lite and like it just as much as the old chargemaster!
99C81AD2-741B-415D-959C-918337F26574.jpeg

Back in the 70's I managed one of the stores in a small chain here is So Cal. In those days the stores were profitable enough to hire good help. Not so anymore, they can't afford much more than minimum wage. Most that work in these stores now are clueless.

Our Bass Pro Shop here is a joke. Most things are more expensive. Example, was there just before going on a Duck Hunt, my buddy bought a new Pinntail whistle for $14.95, very next day I seen the exact same call, same package at Big 5 for $12.95.

Only place I patronize now is Orange County Reloading, Brian is the owner and a one man show. Very knowledgeable nice guy.

I went to SW this morning. The store manager took great interest in the return and the reasons why. I was treated like a friend. They priced matched to 65 bucks less than their price and gave me 5% off of that for a new RCBS Chargemaster Lite.Then gave me 30 bucks more in store credit for my trouble. How can you beat that for customer service?

I went to SW this morning. The store manager took great interest in the return and the reasons why. I was treated like a friend. They priced matched to 65 bucks less than their price and gave me 5% off of that for a new RCBS Chargemaster Lite.Then gave me 30 bucks more in store credit for my trouble. How can you beat that for customer service?
You can't beat that with a baseball bat. For sure . I know the sw at Morgantown Wv will give our closest cabelas a good run for their money as far as selection and price .
The people that I've dealt with at sw are a whole lot more customer oriented than they are at cabelas.

Since I own and run a small chain of hunting and reloading stores, whuxh carries all the mentioned units I thought I should share my experiances.

We sell a few hundred of the various powder measures each year.

If I go back 6-7 years we had to take Chargemaster combo's out of our assortment. Returnrate was 100%. It's not the case anymore, but they were a pain.

Lyman Dps, Dps3 and now Gen5's and 6's are our bestselling units. Are they trouble free, No. But neither is any of the competittion.

IN Norway end users benefit from a mandatory 2 year undisputed warranty on all products, and we have to keep pretty good track on returnrates on various SKU'S. Overall returns on Electronic powder measures are in the 4-6% range.

From the original post I have a hard time uderstading the heading? You have received a used product from a dealer and are blaming the manufacturer? Are you sure you're not barking up the wrong tree. If a dealer give you a used unit, passing it along as new, they would be the ones to blame. Not the manufacturer

First thing is that somebody returned a defective scale or couldn't figure out how to use it. The return record said it was unmolested and the stock girls wouldn't or didn't know the difference so returned it to the shelf. SW didn't manufacture the defective scale. For what they were told and led to believe there was nothing wrong with it. They resold it as new. When I talked to the sales guys in the reloading dept. They related to me that the Gen 5 scale which I incorrectly gave a Gen 6 name, was discontinued because of all the issues with them. Some were good and some were bad. The store people were told by corporate to clear them out. So!!!! The point is that the Gen 5 scales are NFG and the SW store folks went over and above to rectify the problem. WOOF!

Status
Not open for further replies.