Looks for opinions on 4 more calibers

Insite arms have everything for a 7saw. I've always been interested in one of those.
I have an ultimatum in 6creed, really like it, hard to go back to a 700honestly. They recommend not running br rounds in their action though.
Have a 6bra on a 700, awesome round.

I need to do some looking between the 7-08 and 7 saw as I know there similar.

What gen is your deadline? It's good to know they don't recommend running br rounds, was kind of thinking making the deadline the 20br/bra, 22 br/bra

I need to do some looking between the 7-08 and 7 saw as I know there similar.

What gen is your deadline? It's good to know they don't recommend running br rounds, was kind of thinking making the deadline the 20br/bra, 22 br/bra
It's the latest deadline gen, got it last fall. I've stuck my br mag in my deadline and it feeds so not sure, but when the barrels gets worse I'll fool with it more and decide if I want to try it, that's if ibi gets a 6bra reamer for a prefit

It's the latest deadline gen, got it last fall. I've stuck my br mag in my deadline and it feeds so not sure, but when the barrels gets worse I'll fool with it more and decide if I want to try it, that's if ibi gets a 6bra reamer for a prefit

Do you have any other custom actions to compare the deadline too. It's the only action that I'm hesitant on purchasing due to the mixed reviews

First thing I noticed, or didn't see was something in 7mm.
7mm-08 is a great hunting round and I've dropped plenty of pigs with it.
.280ai is also a great performer.

Also by staying with something common it may be easier to sell once you work out which ones are keepers.

First thing I noticed, or didn't see was something in 7mm.
7mm-08 is a great hunting round and I've dropped plenty of pigs with it.
.280ai is also a great performer.

Also by staying with something common it may be easier to sell once you work out which ones are keepers.

Haha sell! Your funny! In all honesty I'm not much for selling guns. Been a long go at this little mission of mine. Doubt I'll sell them. The 7 saum peaked my interested on a long action, but so does the 270. Wsm on the long action. So I figured maybe 284 win on the 7mm side. Just feel the long action magnum bolt face is easier sell if need be then long action standard bolt face. So prefer short action, or long action mag bolt face.

Just taking a stab at this; 17 Remington, 6x47 or 6x45, .25-284 Win, .22-30 Rem AI... the 7mm? pick one, same with .30's Good luck, Cheers.
I think I see a 17 in my future. Im lucky where I've found 500 pieces of 17 rem brass new and at 1/4 the price as it's old stock, old packaging, but new brass.

I think I see a 17 in my future. Im lucky where I've found 500 pieces of 17 rem brass new and at 1/4 the price as it's old stock, old packaging, but new brass.
Gold mind on .17 Rem brass. I shot the .17 Rem in a Remington 700 Classic for many years on Coyotes, loved it. It has a range limitation with the 25gr HP at 4040 fps I thought out to 350 yards for Yotes, but if they were one step inside of that; it was lights out! I have a fantastic load if you'd like it.

Gold mind on .17 Rem brass. I shot the .17 Rem in a Remington 700 Classic for many years on Coyotes, loved it. It has a range limitation with the 25gr HP at 4040 fps I thought out to 350 yards for Yotes, but if they were one step inside of that; it was lights out! I have a fantastic load if you'd like it.
I appreciate that, but would be a while before I collect the parts. I'm just trying to narrow down the calibers, so I can sort out which action belongs to which build and then get to ordering

Do you have any other custom actions to compare the deadline too. It's the only action that I'm hesitant on purchasing due to the mixed reviews
No I don't, but so far I'm really impressed with it, hasn't dropped a shell. Was easy to install in my cadex strike nuke, I just had to shorten mag catch length a hair. I'm pretty sure the poor reviews are from earlier versions. I'm really happy with it

I have two .20 BRs with 26 and 28 inch barrels. I have learned the hard way, that the 8 twist McGowen barrels are very accurate with 40 gr Bergers and Hornady V-Max. At 540 yards, the end of the Club range, I have several groups under 3 inches and three groups under 1 3/4 inches. Try VV N-140. I have tried to make the 55 gr Berger shoot as well, but 8 twist was inadequate. When I switched to the 40 grains, these barrels really shine. Less than 0.2 minutes at over 500 yards. I just had a 7 twist Bartlein installed and will test it with the 55 Bergers. The 55 bergers will easily go 3500 fps from 28 inches of barrel with R-17, R-16, VV N-550 or 2000-MR. The 55 Berger .204 has a G-7 form factor of 1.037 and G7 BC 0f 0.182 and G1 of .354. What are you shooting at small furry creatures that is better?

I do not think that an improved version, 20 BRA, would do anything but wear out the barrel faster. I believe that .20 PPC ( I shot my on Thursday) is the most accurate vehicle for the 40gr twenty cal bullets. I have 3 rifles in .204 Ruger (I sold one two weeks ago) and will continue to shoot it with my stockpile of 32 gr V-Max and Nosler Varmagedons. I like IMR-8208 in long barreled bolt guns and Alliant 10-X in a 24 inch Shilen AR barrel. VV N-133 is also excellent and burns very clean.

Attachments

• DSCN2911.jpg
    DSCN2911.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 23
No question at all 270WSM, 270WSM, 270WSM, 270 WSM, 270WSM!! Let me think for a minute....yep 270WSM. Good luck and you will enjoy shooting a 270WSM.
LOVE mine and it's about ALL I want to "Handle" on my Shoulder with, 140 Berger's trucking along at, 3,185 FPS and still it's going OVER 2,000 FPS at, 800 yards ! Sub 3/4 MOA ( 1/2 MOA on my "good Days" ) out of, a 7.5 Pound Tikka, walking / serious,.. "Hunting Rifle".
With, the "Right" Bullet it will Kill ANYTHING,.. on Planet Earth ! Got 2 Elk so far with it and don't even have to think about touching the "Dial" til' AFTER,.. 350 Yards ! YUP, She's a Lazer ! Use my 6.5 Creed to "Play" at Steel and Deer ( LESS recoil ) but for, Elk and Moose it's, the WSM !
IF, I could "Handle" more Recoil, off the Bench, "comfortably", I'd choose, the 7 RSAUM with, 175-184 grain Bullets, next !

Last edited: