Looking for some feedback on primer seating tools

Im thinking about the Primal Rights CPS tool, but it seems perpetually out of stock….I may wait and put my sheckles together.
Since there are no CPS around, I will test drive the Hollands tool. It comes with good leverage and also a depth check tool. When the CPS becomes available, I'll have to decide if my testing needs to go that way.

In stock ... get one while they last!

The price sucks but the tool is very high quality and to me was worth it. I got the extended knob add-on for my incredibly small, and very damaged hands and put it on an Inline Fab plate on my bench and rolls through batches. I went all-in and got the digital PrimeWhere set up and DoubleAlpha tube filler to go with it

I just did 200 cases with it tonight and none of my fingers went numb - there's not a hand primer in the world that could do that for me, no matter how good it is.

Maybe some of the bench primers would be sufficient, but what the hell it's still cheaper than a decent scope.
CPS
Buy Once Cry Once
It is a very good piece of reloading equipment.
We have and had 1/2 dozen priming tools. The CPS is the BEST
Len & Jill

Not long, mine as less than a week to get to my door. You should call the shop and talk to Greg when you get it, he's a good guy and will make sure you get it up and running correctly.

He did tell me to run it a good bit before it would break in and and really start hitting the tolerances it's capable of, so I primed probably a thousand or so 300 BLKs and then every batch of prepped cases I had once I got it. It really brought the reloading adage of "you don't save money, you just shoot more" to life big time for me once it got there 🤣

Ugh….test drove the RCBS. IMO, The feel is really quite good. The control of the primer anvil seating is horrible. I'm talking 0.005" - 0.012"! I'll bet with time I could improve. The Holland kit will fix this of course.

CPS will be here Tuesday as well as a new Holland kit. I'm confident that the CPS could be resold in seconds, so it will be tested first.

I think the Hollands kit will go back to them and I will be in the hole for shipping both ways….bummer.

Here's my take, if you are trying to seat your primer by a measured depth instead of bottom of pocket your doing as much good as cutting necks and using bushing dies for brass that's different hardness. change my mind!

Here's my take, if you are trying to seat your primer by a measured depth instead of bottom of pocket your doing as much good as cutting necks and using bushing dies for brass that's different hardness. change my mind!
I would say that it is best when depth you are getting best results. Main thing is that you can get consistent primer position in the primer pocket if the primer pockets are all uniform. Consistency with the right position of the primer is the name of the game.
You should look at Greg's videos and data that supports this CPS Tool.
Not only does this tool give good results it is very easy to use: ergonomically and economically.
Len & Jill

I have the Forster beach top priming tool and absolutely love it. Buy the red primer flip / load tray (kinda stupid it is extra).

Great ergonomics - you press down with the palm of your hand. Very good feel - the leverage is enough, but not so much you lose feel.

The primers load in the feed tube side to side, not top to bottom. Loading the primer tube literally takes <10 seconds: dump primers into flip tray, shake to flip primers up, tilt tray and primer slide into feed tube.

You do not have to bolt it down either - just set it on the bench and prime away - move locations, etc.

If using a single feed priming system where the primers are handled I would highly recommend using tweezers or wearing gloves. I was using the lee ram prime and touching every primer. Recently I had a batch of 22-250 loaded and had 5 in a row not fire. Primer dented and no bang. I'm guessing I got something on my hands that killed the primer. The first time in thousands of rounds that I had a problem with.
I use the same system and have never had a problem. It is slow but I am not a large volume reloader.

At one point I did lot of things including primer pocket correction etc. I also measured some primers and started wondering what I needed to measure; I assumed the cup depth. I seated with a Lee Autoprime and still do (although I intend to acquire a bench mounted Lee). With great SD's I have to wonder what is really likely to improve with any of the other products.
If you feel the need to adjust depth without feel then a press mounted unit like this SHOULD work: https://leeprecision.com/ram-prime.html - Lee Ram Prime.

I have a similar RCBS unit from when I started loading as a teenager and you can adjust the depth by screwing the unit holding the shellholder (i.e. the case you are priming) up and down. I still use it for cartridges where I have been unable to find a Lee Autoprime shellholder. You are handing the primers so need to be aware of that, although in my experience it is not so critical. As a kid I would use tweezers as the manuals said not to handle primers. I guess with the case lube of the day contamination was a risk if it was on your fingers. I just wipe my hands before picking them up.