Interesting primer seating tool

it's making reloading cheaper (if you want micrometer controlled seating depth)!!

far cheaper than a primal rights, and cheaper than a rcbs bench mount with a hollands upgrade.

thanks for watching sir
I'm not bench rest shooting, there comes a point where OCD set in for reloading. You try to find the perfect load combo. Its a very deep rabbit hole. Go for it if you wish, at one point i brought every tool that came on the market looking for perfection. Very deep rabbit hole.

I use a Dillon 750. The primer seating is not consistent. Mostly seats between -.001 and +.001.
For my more precision loads, I prime on the Dillon for speed but then run the cases through an old Lee ACP. On the ACP, a rod drops down through the case mouth and bottoms out on the inside bottom of the case which holds the case in place so rim thickness/shell holders are not an issue. On the down stroke, a pin comes up from underneath and seats the primer. They are dead on -.004 every time.
Reseating takes about 2 seconds per case. Unfortunately you can not adjust the seating depth.
those old lee units are awesome, from what i understand they don't make them anymore.

i would love to seat primers on an autodrive dillon....check out some of F class johns videos, he might have some tips and tricks for more consistent seating with the dillon

Yep, I've spoken to John a couple of times about it. No good solution there. I did figure out how to make the Dillon prime deeper but it's still inconsistent bc of the slop built into the press. So end up - .004 to -.007 after going thru ACP.
Cortina primes off a Primal Rights.
I'm more a .003 difference in seating depth does not make a difference on paper for what I shoot.

Yep, I've spoken to John a couple of times about it. No good solution there. I did figure out how to make the Dillon prime deeper but it's still inconsistent bc of the slop built into the press. So end up - .004 to -.007 after going thru ACP.
Cortina primes off a Primal Rights.
I'm more a .003 difference in seating depth does not make a difference on paper for what I shoot.
oh darn, i know they use some sort of aftermarket thing i believe for priming, i think its a russian unit or something. i don't know the first thing about dillons.

yeah, idk how much matters, all i know is i want to do the best job i can so i can mark it off my list of variables lol

I don't see this as any better than a standard primer seating tool.
Having mic adjustment gets you nowhere when settings are meaningless to realities.

Nobody has matched (much less beaten) the indicated K&M.
It's the only seater that actually measures primer pre-sensitizing (crush).

I don't see this as any better than a standard primer seating tool.
Having mic adjustment gets you nowhere when settings are meaningless to realities.

Nobody has matched (much less beaten) the indicated K&M.
It's the only seater that actually measures primer pre-sensitizing (crush).
not hard to figure out your crush when you measure primer pocket depth and primer thickness.

the k&m setup is definitely the best way to do it, but hard pass on a handheld single feed tool.