Looking for advise on 7lrm

Cmrem700

I currently have a rifle chambered by gunwreks in 7lrm. Been happy with the package but not the brass. I only get 3-4 reloads before the primer pockets are to loose to use.
Last time I reloaded I sized new brass (different lot) when I went to seat the bullets they fell in. I checked the out side of loaded necks (once fired from a different lot) .315-.318. Before I found all this out I bought a reamer from gunwerks to build anther one. I think the neck is .321 and if I neck turn (never turned necks before) it would leave 6-7 thou ( to much right?). So I could send in the reamer to get a smaller neck before I use it or?? Change to something else? I like the 7mm lrm case design I like that it produces just under 3000fps with a 180gr. What other case could I use that is easy to get or make that will push a 180gr 3000-3050fps with 70-75 grains
7mm rem mag not going to get the velocity
7mm 300wm short neck, to long for the magazine with long bullets? Over bored?
7mm rouge
Or what? Very confused. I want to make the 7lrm work since I already have one but?

Cmrem700,

First of all, call Gunwerks and get your brass situation figured out. They will have all the information you need to solve your problem including getting new brass. They built the rifle and designed the cartridge and charged you all that money for something that's supposed to work. Get them to straighten it out.

To replace the 7LRM is simple, get a 28 Nosler and get on with your hunting. It's easy to get 3,000 fps or slightly under or even slightly over. Nosler brass, 180 gr. Berger Hunting VLD and a full charge of Retumbo.

Enjoy the experience!

Cmrem700,

First of all, call Gunwerks and get your brass situation figured out. They will have all the information you need to solve your problem including getting new brass. They built the rifle and designed the cartridge and charged you all that money for something that's supposed to work. Get them to straighten it out.

To replace the 7LRM is simple, get a 28 Nosler and get on with your hunting. It's easy to get 3,000 fps or slightly under or even slightly over. Nosler brass, 180 gr. Berger Hunting VLD and a full charge of Retumbo.

Enjoy the experience!

couldn't have said it better myself. I was an early adopter of the 7lrm and while it's fine, 180 at 2975, I wish I had built a 28 Nosler........

Wow that's a lot of powder (just looked) it's almost 20 grains more then the 7mm lrm. I moved to the 7mm lrm because my 300wby just has to much recoil (86 gr). I like the 7mm Dakota but my bolt face is to small.

Wow that's a lot of powder (just looked) it's almost 20 grains more then the 7mm lrm. I moved to the 7mm lrm because my 300wby just has to much recoil (86 gr). I like the 7mm Dakota but my bolt face is to small.

What was the info you say? My 7 LRM (good riddance) used 68 or 69 grains of H1000, my 28 Nosler uses 80 gr H1000 and pushes the 80 Hybrid at 3202.

OP, like has been mentioned, RUN from the LRM. The brass is absolute garbage and the 28 Nosler beats the PANTS off of it performance wise.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.