Looking for Advise on switching a RPR .223 to a 22 Creedmoor

N.Scott Nail

Hello guys, I have a new RPR .223 7/twist and have been considering swapping it over to a 22 Creedmoor. Can anyone give me an idea of the changes I'll be needing to do to do this? .... is it a good choice to change from and to? I already have (4) .223's :::: 2- AR's & 2 B/A 8&9/Twist. I'm thinking the extra gitty up will be a good reason to shoot this heavy guy from a bench and enjoy the fun in looking for a good rippy load doing data with a couple different powders. I got (3) thing's I'm guessing will be an the short list of things to do/get:: 1) Barrel re-chambered...2) Bolt replaced to a .308/or?...30 Magazine and mag well also changed to .308...... not sure if I'm on right track but hope I can get so feed back to help me. Any advise...good or bad,will be really helpful. Thank you in advance for responding!! NSN

I believe a 22nosler would be a straight barrel swap if ur wanting a little more umph

CH35,yes sir,it would get me a 150-200fps with 75gr. I was just think'n going lit'l faster with a CM (say....400-500fps,maybe more).Thats guessing only,going by some other folks posts on ther data. Now after thinking more about rifle choice, I should go with a 308 donor,then Bolt,mag wouldn't be an issue and doing a barrel swap is always a good choice (for accuracy!!) I have a couple 6mmCM rifles and can purty much reach 3600+fps with 70gr but was bored over the weekend and looking thru safe at a couple queen's that are very much forgot'n about....and,well. Yeah...probably should watch football or something. Thank you for mentioning the Nosler tho,as I have an upper for an AR and can take out alittle on her I'm think'n.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.