7lrm

Browning460

Looking for help in a long range hunting 7mm.
Is ghe 7lrm the way to go or is it the 7 rem mag.

It depends on whether or not you reload or willing to spend the money for a rifle chambered in 7mm LRM. I don't own a rifle in either cartridge, but I would choose the 7mm Remington for all around use out to 1000yds because of the large selection of rifles and components for this round. If I was going to take shots that were in the
800-1200+ yd range regularly and not many short range shots, then I would choose the 7mm LRM. I would pick the 7LRM over any other 7mm Magnum for shots past 800yds because it is a very impressive round and is a very well designed cartridge. I'm not much into 7mms but I hope this can help.

It depends on whether or not you reload or willing to spend the money for a rifle chambered in 7mm LRM.

Yes reloading is required for the 7LRM unless you want to buy $85.00 per box ammunition from gunwerks. I just had a 7LRM built by a smith other than gunwerks simply because thats who I wanted my rifle built by. We bought the reamer from gunwerks and they were there for the assist as needed as my smith had never built one in that caliber. (now has built several) You can get what is needed from gunwerks and can have a rifle built less expensive than gunwerks, but won't get the extra benefits that gunwerks provides such as load developement and ready out of the box. The brass and dies(other than custom) are only available from gunwerks at this point. Though I have not shot mine yet, because like everything else I'm running behind gathering components I am very satisfied with my choice of 7mm's and the LRM is designed for the 180 berger hybrid and will still maintain velocities around 3000 +-50fps. At 2950fps the 180 hybrid has the recommended kinetic energy to kill an elk out to about 925yds. While some will say that you shouldn't go past about 800yds with any 7mm, once load developement is complete and lots of trigger time at long range, I don't think that 1K would be out of the question. Just my opinion.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts