New here looking for advise

BYF

Hello all. I have had a couple guns stolen from me and I need to replace 1 of them. The one I want to replace was a Mauser 30.06. It had trigger, stock and barrel work done to it. It was my favorite hunting rifle. It had taken antelope out to 568 yds in South Dakota.
Because of what my insurance gave me I'm looking at spending about $1000-$1200 on rifle, rings and scope. For the scope I was thinking Bushnell elite 4200. The rifle, I'm torn between, Weatherby Vanguard S2 and Tikka T3. I have looked at others but so far these seem to fit the best.
Just hoping someone can sway me one way or the other.
Also I have read about Savage having a good product but The models I have seen, Axis and Trophy Hunter, have such a price difference I didn't want to purchase something I would have to put $$ into to make it work. Nothing I have read gives models they just say "Savage/Stevens"
I do my own handloads, It will be used for hunting deer, elk, antelope in open country so I would like something I can use out to 700 yds.
I want 30.06 because I'm already setup to load that round.
All help is appreciated. Thank You

Savage Axis models are junk in my opinion. Trophy hunter models arent to shabby. Just make sure they come with the accu trigger and accu stock. I'm a remington/savage guy. Sorry I can't help with the weatherby or tikka.

I have been in your shoes before...Back in 2008 I got 4 of mine stolen from me, to the value of around $23,300......Insurance, of course, ripped me a new *******.

So I have slowly been replacing mine.

The Bushnell Elite 4200 is a good scope for the money. And the Weatherby Vanguard S2 is a great rifle. You should look into the .257 Weatherby Magnum caliber. It's perfect for whitetails. Of the 7mm Weatherby Magnum or 7mm Remington Magnum.

As for base and rings, EGW makes a nice base for the Vanuards, and TPS TSR rings are the same quality, but 1/2 the price of Nightforce or Badger rings.

the remington sendero does not come in 30-06. you would have to build one. end result would be great though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.