Looking for a New Rangefinder

spoton243

Well, I 'm in the market for a new rangefinder. I have been looking seriously at the Leica CRF-1200 and the Swaro 8x30mm. Based on all of the reviews I have looked at these seems to have the best glass and the best long range capability. I am also open to any other suggestions that people have out there and any real world experience. Thanks

rangefinders are about like everything else. the more you want, the more they cost. if you would tell us what kind of hunting/terrain and what distance you need ranges to, advice could come.

Well, I need a good all around RF. I plan on using it in the hills of MI and when I go out west for Elk, bear etc. That being high mountain terrain and flat terrain as well. I would like to be able to range at least 1000 yards and everything in between and well. I do not want to have to range it multiple times to get a range. I want good one push estimation with accuracy. I like the idea of easier handling sizes and small sizes however, I would rather have dependability rather than just easier handling. Thanks for any input you all have.

what you'll find is the distance a rangefinder will produce is dependant on the circumstances. if you want to range to 1000 all the time, i would say you need one that's rated to at least 1500. the leica 1600 and the swaro would be the minimum you should consider. the G7 is excellent and then the Vextronics are the next step up.

Due to listening to more knowledgeable people than me on this board I ended up with the Lieca 1600 and have found it to be very accurate with dependable and repeatable readings even on small targets over 1200yrds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.