A new rangefinder

justgoharder

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new rangefinder;
I am now finally able to out-shoot my old 500 meter one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

so right now i am trying to figure out which one i should get? money is not unlimited so i am trying to decide if i should get a bushnell 1500 for around $300 (off ebay) or put up some extra $$$ and get a leica 1200 scan safari for $430, what do you think?
thanks in advance!

I really like the leica. THE bushnell is good but the letter readout is black so it can be hard to see sometimes. The readout on the leica is LED red and very easy to see, also the leica has better glass.

Swaro is the king of the hill but there aint much wrong with the leica or bushnell for that matter

Lerch,is Spot On. The order of three listed is:
1- Swarovski
2- Leica
3- Bushnell

The bushnell 1500 will range most trees out to around 1050y with pretty much full sun, Early morning, before the sun rises you can pick up large trees out to 1500y. For deer i've found it's hard to pick them up passed 600y but around 66% of our deer population is black so lighter species might pick up a bit further out. The only thing I don't like about it is the Low-Light LED, When it comes on it makes it **** near impossable to find something in the FOV because it get washed out by the green light.

If you end up going for the Bushnell give The Optic Zone a try, he had the best prices a while back when i ordered mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

well i went ahead and threw down the extra money and got the leica. hopefully it will be worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.