Looking for a good rangfinder

+1 for Doug at Cameraland. I ended up with Leica 2700B few years back which was in my budget and works for my needs. Glass is excellent, fast readings even out 1K if you are steady! No prob on deer size game either.

Thanks guys. That's a lot of good experience. Someone asked about binoculars, I have a pair of caelas brand Alaskan guide. I think they are meoptia manufactured 12x50. I like them but did think about getting a pair that range finds. Anybody have experience with the steiner predator 10x42 binocular rangefinders? They are more but maybe would save more to get there.

Thanks guys. That's a lot of good experience. Someone asked about binoculars, I have a pair of caelas brand Alaskan guide. I think they are meoptia manufactured 12x50. I like them but did think about getting a pair that range finds. Anybody have experience with the steiner predator 10x42 binocular rangefinders? They are more but maybe would save more to get there.
Meopata is good glass.
I would encourage you to consider, to save your money for awhile, and get a pair of Geovids.
Then you can sell your Alaskan's and recoup some of your money. Having your Bino and LRF all in one package is so much nicer and faster

I haven't used or read of any RF that will cosistently range their declared max capabilities.
That being said, buy one that is rated 80-100% MORE than your requirements.
My Sig was a let down but others praise them.
Best I have used to date is the Leica.

Well I must be old school I don't care about Bluetooth.
I bought a Leica 2800.com Bluetooth has been switched off since that day I bought it because I use the hand-held Kestrel and the ballistics app on my phone never been caught short on a shot yet and as far as what you want in a rangefinder as far as I'm concerned there's only one thing that matters and that is the smallest Beam divergence you can get.
far as I'm concerned every rangefinder should have 1/2 Moa laser Beam divergence at least then you'll be able to range a rabbit at 500 instead of the closest thing I mean what is the use of a rangefinder that beams the size of your car at 1000 yards Plus I just don't get it

I picked up a Maven RF1 and it has an incredibly powerful Lazer, I can hit non reflective targets in full sun at 2000 yards.
Unless you're into onboard ballistics it can't be beat

I picked up a Maven RF1 and it has an incredibly powerful Lazer, I can hit non reflective targets in full sun at 2000 yards.
Unless you're into onboard ballistics it can't be beat
I have looking for another range finder does this one do the wind, have you used it on a tripod? Just checked their website, says nothing on the wind, but on Amazon a Maven Rep said that it does the wind.

Not all that many years ago the only rangefinders available to long range hunters were the various military coincedence types that were large and bulky although not all that heavy.
Primarily they are of WW2 vintage, even some of WW1 vintage, although some are more recent like some of the Wilds for example.
They are if in good condition and properly calibrated very accurate. And they would and still will for those who still have them out perform the lazer models made today.
If you can see the target, you will get a range on it, regardless of bright sun, snow, rain, or whatever.
Not the case with even the better lazers, as many of us know.
So, my suggestion is to buy the one you like and can afford.
Then go out and take ranges at the places you hunt on a good day in the off season and make up a range book.
Then you wont need worry about your rangefinder letting you down because of poor conditions ever again at those locations.
In fact you dont even need a rangefinder in order to do that.
Just guess the distance to the target, dial the scope and shoot at it.
Write down how much elevation was needed to hit it, then move on to another target, then another, untill you have enough information to cover that location.
Then let it snow or whatever.