Looking for a good pair of binos

zfastmalibu

If a guy was in the market for something like the Vortex Razor hd binos, is there anything in that price range that I should look at?
Thanks

Zeiss conquest HD
Meopta Meostar HD/Cabelas Euro HD
Used Zeiss Victory FL
Used Swarovski SLC NEU

My advice, no matter what, start looking through other binoculars, compare, compare, compare, THEN, save your money and buy the VERY best pair you can afford/buy. You've gotten along without really good one's for this long, save and buy the best ones YOU like.

My advice, no matter what, start looking through other binoculars, compare, compare, compare, THEN, save your money and buy the VERY best pair you can afford/buy. You've gotten along without really good one's for this long, save and buy the best ones YOU like.

I agree with this completely. And be aware of this. Not everybodies eyes or preferences are the same. I much prefer Zeiss to anything I've ever used or borrowed but that is a personal preference.

I have a buddy that has a pair of Zeiss Victory 10x42 HT's and they're simply the best binoculars I've ever seen without a doubt for MY EYES! I can look across a bright 400 yard field into dark timber and see everthing in that dark timber waaaaaay back in there with startling clarity. I've never seen ANY optic even come close to that. Also color recognition is great and most optics that come close to Zeiss in clarity suffer in color recognition which can be a big deal when trying to find a bedded down deer.

I'm sure that there will be something better come along one day but those Victory HT binoculars are fantastic. I've seen then used but like new for as little as $1700 on ebay.

Wish I had the scratch but Nightforce has kept me broke lately. I'm hooked on their scopes... :(

In my opinion you can't go wrong with Zeiss and I have several pairs from little 8x20's to massive 10x56 Victories and am absolutely thrilled with every pair.

But having said all that.... Everyone has their favorites and Zeiss optics are pricey...

I am a Vortex addict, so I'd just go with the Razor you mentioned. Having said that, don't try to save money on glass. Buy once, cry once, be happy the rest of your life.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.