Looking for a good rangfinder

I have used, lecia, sig, swaro.Swarovski., and I have a vortex range finding binoculars they make it easy to see the target and range over 2000yds. For me they are very good. Only one thing to carry and I always need binoculars.

I have used Leupold, sig, leica 2400r great stand alone range finder, 3200.com binos these are great a little bulkier but worth it, and the br gunwerx range finders. The only ones I have had no failures with are the br and leicas.

Good advice about ranging off season. I like the idea of carrying one unit instead of 2. And for the price of both units you can get them together at a bargain price. Most of the shooting I do is less than 500 yards right now but I hate to sink money into something and 5 years from now wish I had spent a little bit more.

I've never owned anything steiner. My mom's mom was a Steiner so I kind of feel like I should own something with that name on it... is steiner still made in Germany?

It sounds like there is pretty strong consensus that the Leica products are pretty solid from the guys that have them. Maybe I should look that direction. The binoculars I have now are 12x and I like them. I can't hold them steady but I think I still prefer them over less magnification. Leica has the 15x56 pair but I wonder if 15x is just too much without a tripod or at least a stick. Anybody use a 15x binocular?

I have several friends who have the 15x Leica geovids and they like them very much. They use them for glassing as well, but they also have a set of 80 mm Swaro spotters in a bracket for times when the 15s arent enough power for counting points as is necessary in Pa.
It all depends on where and how you hunt as for what will and wont work well for you.
My personal opinion is that if theres a chance im gonna need more than 15 power, then im not going to be investing in the Geovids or other combination units.
The glasses are being used constantly, whereas the rangefinder is only used occaissionaly if at all on a hunt.
The most important piece of equipment we can own is the glasses for long range hunting. We cant range or shoot that which we havent found first. Mind you my first choice is 15x for general glassing, but then i have the ability to change eyepieces and add power in a few minits if necessary with my twin spotting scopes.
And a regular range finder will work as well as a combination unit for ranging.