Looking at the Gunwerks Revic hunter stabilizer tripod and RRS tripod

I have the RRS TFC-34L Mk3 with the BH-40 head .. wholly molly !! unreal set up
Buy the RRS It's a bad *** setup!!

I also have the revic hunter! and this right here is BS!!!
20220803_172723.jpg

They do make a panning plate you can mount under the Anvil-30, in fact lots of companies make them in all different sizes.

I went with the the Pro Media Gear TR344. I liked the features they have over the RRS such as being able to adjust the legs swivel tension and it holding that tension without wearing and loosening with use. They actually use oil impregnated bronze bushings on the leg pivots. I also installed the TRS01 Compact Apex witch gets rid of the Apex with the 75mm bowl head, the COMPACT APEX reduces the overall circumference of the folded bipod by quite a bit allowing for easier packing and reduces weight. There is no need for the big bowl heads when using the RRS ANVIL-30. These are also made in the USA. I did put a ANVIL-30 on it.

Last edited:
Two Vets makes a solid tripod but it weighs more than an equivalent sized RRS.

I recently sold my Ascend 14L with the Anvil and am sticking with the 34L. Yes, it weighs more but is very versatile and more stable to shoot off. But, I shoot competitions where that is more important. The Ascend is quite stable even at full height but the 34L is just a bit more.

I use the Anvil for glassing. Their panning clamp on the Anvil is the bomb for glassing.

I have 6 RRS and have never used a Gunwerks. Sometimes I have almost $20k sitting on a tripod and I don't risk it. I have made some pretty insane shots off of my RRS and I don't think any head could be more smooth or fluid.

Sometimes I have almost $20k sitting on a tripod and I don't risk it.
Great point. Well to remember.

If you've ever seen someone's rifle hit the ground because their tripod cut loose... it's enough to snatch your breath. A guy was moving his rifle/tripod setup and just grabbed the legs and picked up. When he got where he was going and set his legs down, the rifle snapped off the top and kapow. His 19lb rifle hammered his $4k scope into the ground. Damaged his turret and his objective housing. "Bent" the entire objective end of the scope. Total loss. No warranty against that on his optic. Guys running Vortex's felt vindicated. ;)

The R-lock system is a big win so far. Really digging it. Especially for arca attach bipods.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Go to a PRS match and look at the retail value of all the stuff sitting on tripods. Then, watch a wind gust come up and the tripods that tip over. I cringe.

I have never heard of two vets I will look them up. My budget doesn't really care, I am happy to pay for something if it's worth it if that makes sense.
I have had the RRS TV24 and Now use the RRS Ascend 14L with Anvil 30 head to shoot off of hunting. still add another fluid head for spotting scopes. Two Vets makes nice stuff as well but I prefer the RRS products. I understand Outdoorsmans will have their own CF tripod in the future, but will be about the same price as the RRS.

No experience with either of those but I have used a bog pod Death grip and have been extremely impressed with the durability and use ability of it and have put it to the test over the past few seasons in sun zero right threw 100 degree weather. It just works, fully adjustable head and legs. I've got video of coyote hits at 600 plus yards standing in a field. To me that says a lot about the product, it's that stable. Can take your hands off the gun and it stays right where you want it. Super nice product and about 1/4 the price as some you have mentioned. Just throwing it out there, best of luck!!

I need a new tripod and I want it for optics and to shoot off of. I have been looking at the Gunwerks hunter and the really right stuff tripods. I am curious if anyone has used both and have an opinion? I know the price tag is pretty far apart between the Gunwerks and RRS. I am curious if the $$ is worth it for the RRS or if the Gunwerks is plenty good. Any opinions would be useful.
I have 3 tripods ( RRS and Leophoto) and your right prices are different. But I will never buy anything but RRL IN The future. I shoot off of mime as well as have my rangefinder and binos on them during a matches. I can't say anything about gunworx but RRL goes with the saying 'buy once and cry once'.

Go to a PRS match and look at the retail value of all the stuff sitting on tripods. Then, watch a wind gust come up and the tripods that tip over. I cringe.
Yes sir I had that exact thing happen to me with my 20# rifle with a Nightforce nxf. It landed scope down from roughly 4' on concrete!!!! I was mad and sick but picked the gun up and made an 800 yard standing shot on that same tripod immediately afterwords. It scratched the hell out of my turret but my scope never lost its zero. I was extremely impressed! I recommend the RRS