Longest Kill Shot ?

815 whitetail doe vs 30-378 weatherby
One of my memorable was a doe at 320 with the good ol 30-30 my cousin ran his trap saying if I could hit her he'd go get it . Snow was just over knee deep straight up a pipeline right of way . I held roughly six inches over her back and she jumped straight up when I shot went maybe 30 yards and piled up. He still to this day won't date me to shoot at anything . Probably could never do it again

35 yards with my bow.

Most critters between 35 to 147 yards with 80 to 90% of them under the 100 yard mark... Exceptions to the critters past those distances...

I've got a few long range harvests,,, all worked out on them since I had the time to set-up for them,,, very rare that I'd go that route now days,,, I'm all about fair game and chase now days...

To many years behind the bow I guess,,, all good as each of us get to pick and choose what works...

That's what really counts...

PS: Long distance to me now days is the ground I've covered in boots on the ground,,, and the miles in the drivers seat getting there...

I like distance,,, just a different form of it... Ha

Cheers from the North

All LRF distances

Coues Deer- 348 yards

Whitetail- 411 yards

Whitetail (BOW)- 50 yards

Mule Deer (iron sight muzzy)- 101 yards

Springbuck 580m- 270win
Springbuck 627m- 243win
Springbuck 600m- 338Lap Mag
Red Hartebeest 530m- 7mmWSM
Red Hartebeest 480m- 7mmWSM
Kudu 350m- 270Win
Blue Wildbeest 400m- 30/06
All these animals above have been killed with 1st shots! Shoulde/behind Shoulder/Neck shots!

51" Canada Moose - 68yds with a 6.5PRC 143eldx dropped in his tracks.

9-1/2" Mountain Goat - 603yds Same load as above. Shot was off my tripod in about a foot of mushy moss and I had to lay it across my swaro bino adapter. 3 consecutive shots and he never moved/flinched. Spotter looked through the scope and saw blood pouring from his nose and he stayed standing strong for a few minutes until he walked a bit up the mountain and just disappeared. A 3hr hike across the ravine and up the mountain later we found him in this crevice. In the process of caping him out there were three shots in about a 4-5" circle through the heart and lungs, those guys are resilient to say the least!

IMG_2430.jpg
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg

Simple question: What has been your longest kill shot on varmint or game animal?
I was riding in the back of a Jeep with a bunch of friends and we seen a coyote at about 850 yards and they laughed at me said I couldn't hit it with my 30-30 Marlin so how to giggles I decided to take a shot while we're driving down this bumpy trail r right before I shot we hit a bad bump in The barrel went straight up in the air and I shot I hit it and dropped it never been able to do that again it was an impossible shot and I just got lucky what the projection that was the best shot I've ever done with a 30- 30 and longest shot with the lever action

Simple question: What has been your longest kill shot on varmint or game animal?
1250 head shot on a wt doe with 28nosler
The more difficult shot was 760 with a .204 on a javelina bullet exploded on spine about the size of a fist entrance obviously no exit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.