Longest Hunting Harvest on the Boards

NONYA, enlighten yourself by doing a google search ".223 at 1000 yards." It should bring up a thread on the benchrest central forums. It is important to thing before you try and give your own .02 cents.

Preston

NONYA, enlighten yourself by doing a google search ".223 at 1000 yards." It should bring up a thread on the benchrest central forums. It is important to thing before you try and give your own .02 cents.

Preston

does it say they use wolf ammo? :)

I find it surprising that Wolf is even considered ammo. All thier ammo I've seen is so poorly assembled. The seating depth is way out of wack. I even saw a canteluer (sp) bullet where the entire canteluer was sunk into the case while all the others were somewhere around it.

I'm not sure why folks insist on buying that ammo. A lot of the ranges in my area won't even let you shoot it.

TT

I'm not sure why folks insist on buying that ammo. A lot of the ranges in my area won't even let you shoot it.

TT

Why can't you shoot it? Its just ammo. Could you explain? I have never heard of any range not allow ammo except if they are environmental friendly and don't want lead shot into their backstops.

Tank

Since I don't shoot it I've never bothered to ask. I'd have to guess though because it's junk and they don't want to support it.

Tom

I find it surprising that Wolf is even considered ammo. All thier ammo I've seen is so poorly assembled. The seating depth is way out of wack. I even saw a canteluer (sp) bullet where the entire canteluer was sunk into the case while all the others were somewhere around it.

TT

We shoot it because its about as cheap as buying a can of beans, and it still as the affect of a "normal" bullet... or at least it used to before last presidential election.

Preston

Send me a link to the article where they talk about killing DEER with it at 700 + yards not puting holes in paper...........................................thought so.The level of ignorance involved in some of the posts here along with the higherups emailing me about my responses will keep me from any further involvement in this thread,its not worth the effort it takes to try and enlighten the internet experts here,out.gun);)

Last edited:
well, I don't like to admit it since I tend to post here quite a bit, but I believe in being honest LOL!..... white tail at @ 300-350 yards w/ my 300wsm 180 NAB's (not that impressive... oh well)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.