Long Range Spots

Good old North Dakota ingenuity at it's finest. We built the "shootin shack" with precision shooting the goal first and foremost. The bench is made from 4" bridge planks. The top is basically a double bench. We usually have the spotter sit behind the shooter on a tall stool with a spotting scope. The floor is about 25 feet above the ground, and we are on top of a 100 foot cliff. We are about 250 feet above the river. We can shoot about 270 degrees. It works slick. I just took those pictures yesterday. With a foot of snow the view is awsome, which is what we hope for during the season.!! The river strait out in front is about 700 yds. The little white shed is 765. We can shoot to about 1100 yds straight out, and about a mile or so left and right. The second from the bottom pic shows some of the shorter stuff where my 8 year old Jr. PETA member kills a few of my does for me. The very closest thing you see in the pictures is 200 yards. That is usually where we start putting down feed, and we work the piles out to 600 or 700 yards. We spend all day glassing. Some of the locals say that this isn't hunting. SCREW EM, ME THINKS THERE MIGHT BE A LITTLE JEALOUSY OUT THERE. There are quite a few "stands" out there now. A few guys used ours as a model, but none that I have seen have a bench, or are able to "open up" like ours. A plus is when we open it up, especially on calm days, you can hear everything. It's like a big amplifier. I swear you can hear grunts and bleats from hundreds of yards away.

NOW, IF I JUST LEARN HOW TO DO A SIMPLE CHORE LIKE POSTING PICTURES, ALL WOULD BE RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!!:eek:

THANKS ss7mm for posting these for me!!

powderriver07010.jpg

powderriver07009.jpg

breaks016.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.