Long range mass produced guns?

I wanted rifle with a KRG Bravo stock so I got a new Remarms ADL 700 in 7mm RM. Bought a used KRG stock and started load development. New cost retail would be around $1050 for the stock and rifle. I shot off a poor rest so I think the rifle can do better.
1699707026347.jpeg
1699707070606.jpeg
1699707137315.jpeg

I've got a savage ultralight in 280 ai, and it's ugly, the action was pretty rough (cleaned it up with a Dremel and jeweler's rouge), and the stock isn't great. But it's a flat out shooter! I was shooting silhouettes at 600 yards like they were 200 yards.
One thing Savage rifles do, and take a back seat to nobody, is put metal on target, alive, steel, doesn`t matter. It`s personally maddening to me that the company will not listen to customers and address just a couple of technical items ( make a dependable magazine, put in a bigger ball bearing in the extractor to fix well known extraction/ejection issues ) that consistently come up.

Remington ADL's are great inexpensive rifles and have been for years. Usually are great shooters and with stock and trigger upgrades make excellent shooters. Serial Numbers to avoid are RRxxx, not all are issues but many have primary extraction issues. I don't have any experience with the newer RAxx from RemArms.

Remington ADL's are great inexpensive rifles and have been for years. Usually are great shooters and with stock and trigger upgrades make excellent shooters. Serial Numbers to avoid are RRxxx, not all are issues but many have primary extraction issues. I don't have any experience with the newer RAxx from RemArms.
My rifle is the RAxx &mm RM 1-8" twist 26" barrel. It has the Timney trigger in it from the factory.

@ Calvin 45,..
Tikka's ,. "Over rated",.. Sheer.. BLASPHEMY !!!
$700 - $800. is, "Pocket Change" for, a Rifle,.. nowadays !
Is that what they're going for now!?!? For some reason I thought they were WAY more expensive than the weatherby vanguards and savages…perhaps I've been mistaken.

I don't doubt they're good rifles, and the ones I've handled have had crazy smooth bolts. But something about the all plastic magazines and bolt shrouds just turns me off to them. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
That Plastic chit "works" and makes for, a 7.5 pound WITH, Burris 4.5 x 14, Scope & Mts,.. Hunting Rifle.
Anything over, 8 to, 8.5 Pounds doesn't interest Me in the least,.. for, lugging Up hills after Elk, in Idaho.
The Worst Tikka We own is, a solid, sub, 3/4 MOA shooter !
LOL,. you get used to, the Plastic after, a While !
And there ARE, Steel replacement Parts, avail if, desired ! My rifles all HAVE, Steel Shrouds and Recoil Lugs.
Yup, They are going Up in Price But, I've bought 3, in $630- $700 price range ( "Leftys ", on Sale ),.. a Few, Years ago.
Time, "Slips" by !

Last edited:
Is that what they're going for now!?!? For some reason I thought they were WAY more expensive than the weatherby vanguards and savages…perhaps I've been mistaken.

I don't doubt they're good rifles, and the ones I've handled have had crazy smooth bolts. But something about the all plastic magazines and bolt shrouds just turns me off to them. Again, just my opinion.
It depends on which model you get. On their lower grade models I'd swap out the stock. So the base price is still $100-200 more than a new RemArms ADL. Plus the Remarms 700 magnums will have a longer magbox.