First long range gun

I'm getting my first long range specific gun in the next few weeks. It's still being built. It's a 7mm rem 700 action Brux barrel manners stock and a few other bells and whistles.
But my question is when I get the gun there is a guy here local that said he'd break it in work up a load and figure out all the drop chart stuff for me and have it ready to shoot but he charges around 1000$ bucks to do all that. It also comes with 100 loaded rounds.
I have bought a reloader and all the stuff needed to reload 7mm should I try and figure it out by my self and put the money saved towards a G7 BR2 range finder.
Maybe someone on here would want to help with the load work? I'm new so if any of this is not a good way to go let me know or maybe tell me the way I should go about it
Any help would be appreciated.

You jumped in fast with some advanced equipement, so dont take this the wrong way but before this question can be answered one would need to know what level of shooting are you at right now? If you know the difference between a MOA rifle and a 1/2 moa rifle and can shoot good enough to test loads then do it yourself. It's all part of the learning process. Nothing worse than someone handing someone a rifle thats dialed in and letting the new shooter ring a gong at 1K and creating a monster that now thinks they area a long range shooter. You sound like you have a grasp on things and will learn fast. If you area a visual person it would help if you know someone who loads so you can see it step by step, and search this forum and others. Dont get too detailed as in BR prep take it easy at first and it will come fast. 160 NAB's are good bullets as are 175 SMK's and 162 A-max, the Berger VLD's can be more seating sensative if you go with Berger take a look at the new 180 Hybrid.

Tell ya what----I'll do it for $999.00:D

Thats half the fun, actually more than half in doing everything for yourself. Get yourself a couple of reloading manuals and that will get you started plus this site has alot of experts and yes, I do mean experts that can answer your questions. Sinclair international also has some good guys as well as the guys at Sierra and they are more than happy to assist you. One of the manuals/books that I think eveyone should have, especially someone that really wants to learn is "Any shot you want" and its by A-Square/Art Halphin. It really explains things in great detail.

Have fun.

Randy

See, lots of good advice already. A couple observations I have had.
Seating depth is one of the most important factors in finding accuracy.
I use a tube micrometer to sort neck thickness. For a really accurate rifle I sort to +- .0005. Yours, being custom, should have the potential to be a really accurate rifle.
I have had very good success with H4831 in all 3 7 Rem mags I have had.

Thanks for all the help I've went and bought all the reloading supplies I should need accept powder I can find any of the different ones I wanted to try. Ill keep checking stores daily to see if they get any but it might be kind of tough to work a load up if I can't get any powder.

Depending where you are in UT county your only about 40min drive from me.. im no pro but in the last year of being on this sight I have built a sub 1/2 MOA rifle. I do a ton of shooting (when the snow allows) if you want to make the drive you are more than welcome to come shoot a little golf with me and the buddies... I strongly suggest you work up your own load and break your own rifle in. More trigger time and experience makes you a better shot, Only having an expensive rifle doesnt find out when cabellas gets their new shipments of powder in and be the first in line that day

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.