Long range hunting picture thread. please post pics.

Hi,
This is my 300RUM, HS Precision Modified Stock, painted in camo pattern, Harris Bypod, and SII 6.5-20x50 MD Sightron scope, and limbsaver butpad for recoil reduction.
As a bullet I used 200AB with Rebumbo powder.

I was working at this project for almost 1 mo, tryind different prototype of material for casting, but the best till now is the fiberglas material.

Thanks
Cris
HPIM0097.jpg

Joe;-How-long-is-your-barrel.-Also-what-is-the-percent-of-each-color-on-the-stock?-How-much-does-the-rifle-weigh?

300rum. What kind of stock is that? Also, how does the sightron work? does it have target turrets or is it some kind of reticle.

My newest long-range rifle:
Remington Long Action
Broughton 5.75 contour 1-9 twist...28" long, fluted
Remington Floorplate
Rifle Basix trigger-2lbs
TPS 20 MOA steel base
MPI Tactical stock....modified
TPS Low rings
Scope level
7mm STW PTG Reamer....315 NK, .011 Freebore for the Berger 168's
Wyatts extended mag
Brownells ovenbake teflon coating
Mark 4 6.5-20x50 w/TMR Reticle
11.5lbs
168 gr Berger over H1000 @ 3340 fps
info006.jpg

Hi,

The Sightron works perfect, and holds very well the recoil of a 300 Rem Ultra Mag rifle. I already purchase another Sightron scope for my friend and he puts on 7mm RemMag rifle.
His also happy with his new scope.
The Scope comes with Finger knobs adjustments, and the reticle is MILDOT.
I love mildot reticles for easy holdover shoots, and also for ranging up to 600-700 yards on big games.
The only problem with this knobs is are so small, and the imprint on this are very small. So you have to replace them if you do not like them.

For the stock:
It is a factory HS Precision Stock, with aluminium frame, and for outside is fiberglass and epoxy.
The only big difference between this one and the original is I modified myself the checkpiece, adding layers of fiberglass to look like a McMillans A5 Stock.
And also the rest area for right arm is bigger (I increase the grip cross, for better contact with the stock)
I did a close replica, with a minimum budget (fiberglass can = $24.00, 3 camo paint cans = 12x3 = $36.00).
For the grip I used a dreamwell to create the grip contact.

Thanks-Joe!!!-your-rifle-looks-awesome!!!-I-went-with-the-Tooley-MBR-for-my-new-project-and-I-went-with-80%Black-10%Grey-10%White.-I-saw-a-stock-on-here-with-that-combo;-and-it-looked-really-nice.-I-hope-it-turns-out-nice-for-me.

Re: My .300 RUM

[ QUOTE ]
come on 11B2CV. with pics comes spec list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allright...8)

Started life as a .300 RUM Sendero, but I had Bill Sturevant (SP, I know him as Bill ) in Pueblo CO rebarrel it with a Hart SS with a 1/9 twist and his "Superbrake", bed and trigger job. I just had it done, so no rounds down the tube yet. Scope is Zeiss 6x26 Divari MD, and yes, the clicks are centimeters. Not hard to convert cm's to mils. IMO, it's easier than MOA. While I like NF (have one on my 7RM PSS), it is hard to beat a Zeiss in clarity, and I need all the help I can at 1000. I'm no expert like alot of you guys!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.