Long-Range AR Systems?

They are legit. I have a 300 SAUM upper built by them and it is accurate and functions flawlessly.

Attachments

• Accuracy System 300 SAUM.jpg
    Accuracy System 300 SAUM.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 106
Sounds like some nice setups guys. Got a buddy who uses an AR-10 243/87 V-Max combination and doin very well to 800 yds. with that setup.

How about an AR shooting a 105 Berger or Amax at a fast speed? Is that possible??
What would the weight be about?
I have a BAR in 270 win shooting a 130 Hunting VLD for my windy day coyote rig @ 2750fps. Field ready w/scope, bipod, etc is around 11lbs. I think.
Thanks in advance.

Why don't I see people taking 243 AR10's and running 22-243's?

Could a guy get the 75gr jlk, 80gr amax, 90gr bergers etc., to work?

If you could get the 450/ 500+ BC bullets to work necking down to the .224 this would be a he!! of a coyote rig. Great ballistics, low recoil, and a healthy sized magazine full of willing contenders to finish the job any prior round didn't.

A 6.5 GAP 4s in an AR would be interesting to say the least. Anyways here's my Gap-10 6.5 creed, after the barrel fouled in it printed a .151CTC 3 shot group with factory Hornady 129gr SST's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 78
I have two LR-AR's that I use and also successfully compete aga9nst bolt rifles in 300 yard egg shoots. One upper is a DPMS 223 varmint, the other a Whitely 6mmAR. Both are exceptionally accurate. I use 69gr SMK's and 105/107gr SMK's/ BergerVLDs.

SScoyote, that rifle looks waaay familiar! Did Lee Mosher of Insight Shooting Systems make it? If he did, and it looks like his build, that is an awesome rig! I know, I have some of his and they ALL shoot incredibly well!

6.5 Grendel with a 22" JP Enterprises for my LR gas gun. Mostly used for long range target shooting, and it does exceptionally well at that. More than half of the 4K+ rounds through it have been at 1000+ yards

[ame]http://youtu.be/36XhNfFKmEs[/ame]

SScoyote, that rifle looks waaay familiar! Did Lee Mosher of Insight Shooting Systems make it? If he did, and it looks like his build, that is an awesome rig! I know, I have some of his and they ALL shoot incredibly well!

Yes sir it is. When i started shooting the 69 TMK I just picked an old 65 JLK load and it shot great, with good velocity so just stuck with it. Been working great so far. The 65 JLK/VLD magazine was the best bullet out of this rig so far for accuracy to about 500ish yds., but a poor killer.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.