Long Range load for Coyotes/AR-15

Earlier they were comparing 22cal 55g bullets and 6mm 55g bullets.

according to hornady load data 147 gr from a 260 rem gets around 2650 fps. A 150 gr from a 308 Win gets a out 2750-2800 fps roughly same size case same bullet weight much diff. bore size.
The man has a point albeit a small one🙄

When I look at my .260 and it's ballistics and compare it to the .308 which is the parent case I don't see it.

Maybe if you're running a very light for caliber bullet in the .308>?
even if MV in a bigger bore is slightly more the BC of the narrower bullet negates any advantage in under 300 yards...making it a mute point

Are you saying your .223 case necked UP to 6mm shoots 55gr bullets faster than a .223 55 gr bullet in basically the same case?
To me, that theory is emperically unsound. The 6mm 55 gr bullet is ballistically inferior to the same weight/ shape .223 bullet.
Something doesn't add.
Unless you meant. 223- 6mm
that 6x45 is a real ball buster for otes my favs are 55 and 65 6mm

You guys shooting varmints with AR's amaze me. I shot the M-16 in '67 and if we hit a target the size of a half sheet of plywood we would get an expert badge.

You guys shooting varmints with AR's amaze me. I shot the M-16 in '67 and if we hit a target the size of a half sheet of plywood we would get an expert badge.
You were shooting in the Army for an Expert Badge?:D
Semper Fi!
Big difference since "67". My Coyote & PD AR shoots down to 1/4" MOA with .224 - 65 gr SGK

6mm arc ar, 200y, 3 shot group. 87gr Vmax handload.

I don't know why anyone would shoot anything but an ar for varmints. I also shot a bunch of m16 rifles with burned out barrels in my years in the army, but the platform is capable of amazing accuracy.

Attachments

• 20220429_173753.jpg
    20220429_173753.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 53
An A R 's accuracy depends on a lot of things the same as a bolt-action rifles does . They like all other things have evolved over the years and improvements have been made , a lot depends on who puts them together on the civilian side of it as to how well they shoot groups . As for my coyote hunting I still like a good bolt action rifle mostly because that is what I grew up with . A223 running 55 grain Sierra boat tail hollow points for normal calling and a 6.5x284 running 120 grain Nosler ballistic tips for things at a little more distance . You guys might try an M14 there were a few of them still in use in the brown water taxi service till around 4/29/1975 . I don't really care what branch you were in you are still in the original 1 percent club good and bad in all of them, people are people some of them are upstanding and some not so much .