Long Range .25 Caliber Bullet Selection

You guys should get your results back to Marshal at Matrix. He said he wasnt making any more high bc .257s because he never got any feedback on his last set he sent out.

If you have any left for sale, i would like to buy them.

Emailed Marshal yesterday he may be able to make some more this winter's send him an email. Maybe we can get him to run a bunch.
Also what is the heaviest grain do you think I could get away with. 1/10 twist Hart 28" .257 Roy.

I have been using 115,117, and 100 grain. It is not so much how large of the bullet. It is how well the rifle shoot a tight group. My rifle love's 90 grain sierra boat tail hollow points. Hart is a very good barrel, I have one in my 7x57imp rem 700 action. But that is another story and different cailber. 28 inch is little long, if you are a hunter ,that will be heavy. The longer barrel is used to burn more slow burning powder. I do not know of the roy and how much powder it uses.:cool:

1 in 10 would work for the 130's I shot 130 wildcats out of my stw at 3550 fps and they shot very well. I ended up with the 110 accubonds after wildcat stopped making bullets.

1 in 10 would work for the 130's I shot 130 wildcats out of my stw at 3550 fps and they shot very well. I ended up with the 110 accubonds after wildcat stopped making bullets.

What elevation where you were you shooting the 130gr Wildcats? I have a box of those bullets and a 10-twist Hart barrel. I've wondering if they would be stable in my 25 RUM. I'm near sea level, 100' El, so wanting to compare to your El. Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts