Long action WSM?

texan79

Any one build this yet? (Rem 700) It seems that a magnum long action is the same bolt face diameter and would allow for a much longer seating depth with out interfearing with the magazine.

Now the question is what caliber follower will allow the rounds to be loaded in the mag? Anyone forsee feeding issues with this?

I realize that the easiest thing is to find the wsm donor action, but they seem to be few and far between.

Any one build this yet? (Rem 700) It seems that a magnum long action is the same bolt face diameter and would allow for a much longer seating depth with out interfearing with the magazine.

Now the question is what caliber follower will allow the rounds to be loaded in the mag? Anyone forsee feeding issues with this?

I realize that the easiest thing is to find the wsm donor action, but they seem to be few and far between.

Consdering the only thing that really makes me like a SM is the fact it is on a short action, I don't think I would waste my time. My 2 cents.

I prefer the wsm on a long action.

The Kwik Klip feeds them great and alows long OAL of seated vld bullets.

I have built many this way as has Nathan.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.