Long action short barreled 7 saum

Same debate in the 6.5 prc world. I did a sa build. Likely would still build a prc on a sa. For me it boiled down to fitting in the mag vs seating too deep in the case and creating a compressed charge. I could be wrong but my testing showed no gain unless getting into compressed or significantly deep seated bullets in the case. Running a 153 or 156 in a prc I not compressing the charge before getting pressure signs. If running an ultra slow powder in a long barrel it might be an issue. Slow burn and short barrels don't seem to be the right mix so I doubt very much you'll find a significant enough gain, just go with what fits your goals.

Hey look what's in my truck seat!!!! A 7 Saum on a LA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll see your truck seat and raise you an LA 7 SAUM pointed at a deer who's getting a pass this year... 😉

It did bark at a fat doe last night.

20231201_071407.jpg

BTW, I'm running a .195 FB and 180 hybrids seated at .020 off. Stuffing H1k right up to the bullet with a drop tube. I'm getting 2850 from a 20 inch barrel.

The 7 saum is an amazing little round and very easy to load. Were I building today it would likely be a 7PRC.