Lone Ranger bullets Question

Don't think they're silver. It was fairly common in military ammo for the soft steel jacketed bullets to be tombac plated. This is a high copper content alloy with up to 20% of zinc in its constituents, hence the silver colour. (the alloy is most commonly used in the buttons on eg denim clothes etc)
Personally I wouldn't worry to much, I think the cut-off date for corrosive primers was in 1950 for Scandinavian ammo and the swedes took almost as much care as the Swiss in looking after their rifles. Some folks insist that the swedes never allowed corrosive primers ever but it's difficult to really substantiate that bearing in mind the start date for the manufacture of the ammo and also the concern regarding ignition in arctic conditions.
If the new barrel is of Scandinavian origin you should have no issues using that ammo.
If it's another origin it's anybodies guess.
And now for a quiz question, why did the swedes so often specify steel bullet jackets for their ammo.
Was it (a) because they had plentiful supplies of iron ore deposits for making steel.
(b) that all Swedish training ranges were laid out South to North to prevent low sun angles from dazzling the shooters and discovered the terminal velocities of such ammo were several per centages higher due to the pull of the Magnetic North Pole.
(c) Steel primarily used for training purposes, generally with newly issued rifles and the first few hundred rounds used in training polished the bores to an extremely fine finish.
OR (none of those and you provide the correct answer. 😈

Jeeez, I feel so stupid! And I've killed several werewolves over the years. I should know better!
LMAO LMAO....I always have Three with me whenever I head into the backcountry....you just never know! Also Rosebud...take garlic cloves or a Cross with you... doesn't kill a vampire but it keeps them at distance from you! And if you eat lots of garlic...it will keep everyone else away...too!

LMAO LMAO....I always have Three with me whenever I head into the backcountry....you just never know! Also Rosebud...take garlic cloves or a Cross with you... doesn't kill a vampire but it keeps them at distance from you! And if you eat lots of garlic...it will keep everyone else away...too!
This thread just keeps getting better. By the way I'm running low on 284x51 powder, think I can use 7.62x51 powder?

Recent Posts