Lone Ranger bullets Question

Pureblood

I have a load of these silver bullets , but I'm a bit leery about using them I have had them for years. I think they are Danish as they came with a load of Berdan primed Danish cases but I'm not sure.

I have a very nice 125 year old Obendorf Mauser that will shoot them but I don't want to damage the rifling, it's a brand new barrel.

Are they OK to use ?

IMG_5943.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG
IMG_5935.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5679.JPG
    IMG_5679.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 85
I think the safe bet would be not to shoot them. No telling what type of primers etc in those rounds. If the cases are good then I would pull them and save the brass. Not worth taking a chance with your new barrel. JMO

I think the safe bet would be not to shoot them. No telling what type of primers etc in those rounds. If the cases are good then I would pull them and save the brass. Not worth taking a chance with your new barrel. JMO
The primers are non corrosive. It's not worth saving the brass as they have two flash holes and can't be reloaded. I have 2000 of them. I also have a load of 140 grain copper jacketed soft points. I think I will just stick with them. I worked up a good load with Bulgarian 7.62 X 54 powder.

Last edited:
I have a load of these silver bullets , but I'm a bit leery about using them I have had them for years. I think they are Danish as they came with a load of Berdan primed Danish cases but I'm not sure.

I have a very nice 125 year old Obendorf Mauser that will shoot them but I don't want to damage the rifling, it's a brand new barrel.

Are they OK to use ?

View attachment 548287

View attachment 548279

View attachment 548288View attachment 548289
Beautiful Rifle!!!!!!!!!!!
Silver is softer than Copper
You need to test if they are real Silver and not just look like silver because of a coating.

Mohs Hardnes Scale
Dimond 10.0
Iron 4.0
Copper 3.0
Silver 2.5
Gold 2.5
Lead 1.5

But those bullets may be worth some money.

The primers are non corrosive. It's not worth saving the brass as they have two flash holes and can't be reloaded. I have 2000 of them. I also have a load of 140 grain copper jacketed soft points. I think I will just stick with them. I worked up a good load with Bulgarian 7.62 X 54 R powder.
You can't use 7.62x54 powder in a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser case! It is 7.62 powder!