**** lodge/masons oaths ****

There are many times the KJV adds in their translation, it is not necessarily the others taking out. The NIV talks much about the blood of Jesus washing away our sins.

bigbuck, It is apparent that you are pushing an agenda that is not taught in the bible.
This has therefore become a "****ing" match again and I will be opting out for the time as I have much work to do.

all you others, thanks all for the good discussions that were in this thread as I am quite certain Bigbuck will keep posting the differences...please research thoroughly before deciding....

Gotta go pull 4 action out of bedding and test a rifle. Yahoo!! I get to go shoot! and have several other rifle to finish before the end of the month.

God Bless,
308nate

Britz,
Yes, we can agree to disagree on some things. No hard feelings.

308nate

Likewise, britz.

Edit:

For consideration:

John 6:44 -- [Jesus speaking] No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him and I will raise him up at the last day.

But...

2 Peter 3:9 -- The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentence.

And...

1 Thessalonians 4:8 -- Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

The instruction of the Bible is like no other. You can't logically accept only part of it.

Last edited:
I planned on contributing to the translation debate, but I decided not to since I think it is pointless. I will leave you with some of MY thoughts

As far as satan goes. Throughout the bible his theme has stayed pretty much the same: DOUBT. Wasn't this the reason for the fall of humanity?

Faith without works is useless, but you must first have faith.

You can study the bible for a lifetime, but without a personal relationship with God it is for nothing.

You can always tell a believer by the fruit they produce.

Brent

Still waiting bigbuck.........Stumped?

You need to speak to your pastors (human beings by the way) to get your answer?

Still waiting bigbuck.........Stumped?

You need to speak to your pastors (human beings by the way) to get your answer?

Mean while perhaps you can give us your opinion of what the true word of God is. That way you could actually add to the conversation/debate. It's easy to play gotcha. Back your self up with ideas and perhaps you can gain some credibility. As it sits right now you have none. People here are concerned for your soul, and that is the only reason that they have engaged you to this point, not the intellectual stimulation.

Steve

Mean while perhaps you can give us your opinion of what the true word of God is. That way you could actually add to the conversation/debate. It's easy to play gotcha. Back your self up with ideas and perhaps you can gain some credibility. As it sits right now you have none. People here are concerned for your soul, and that is the only reason that they have engaged you to this point, not the intellectual stimulation.

Steve

+1 Steve

Roll yur Own I've made it very clear that I believe that the KJV is the preserved Word of God for the engish speaking people . My faith rests in the Lord Jesus Christ . The Bible says that without FAITH it is impossible to please him.

I do go to my pastor sometimes for help he is a great man of God and I'm thankful to have him for my pastor:)

Bigbuck

Bigbuck has said over and over again that the kjv is the true word and the only true word.

I would like to know what the true word was before 1611 when the kjv was written.

Please don't try to turn it around.

It was a simple question and if he does not have the answer then perhaps he should question his position.

So what is the answer?

Bigbuck, I see you avoided the answer again. C'mon, EVERYONE here sees you avoiding this simple question.

You are the one without credibility. Answer it big buck

Last edited:
I have been following this thread from the start. Initally for nothing more than curiosity. Then I wanted to see where it was going to head.
What impressed me when I joined LRH was the number of you that had a Bible base tag line. I even told my wife about it. See honey its a good place for me to be.
Again it has been fun to watch this thread develop and see the number of you that are well versed in the Bible.
That's cool.

May God bless each and everyone.

I'm not trying to turn anything around. You are trying to get the man to say that there is no true version. Thus validating your position that Christianity can be what ever you want it to be. That is not going to happen. Give your thoughts on the subject and add to the conversation/debate. He gave you his answer, he believes that the KJV is the only English version that is correct. His opinion, not mine. So obviously his opinion is going to be the writings that the KJV was translated from. Which I think he has said in prior posts.

It is hard to figure out what your position is. Is it that the bible has human input, thus it must have errors, there for anybody that practices Christianity is living a lie? Or is it that religion should be what ever makes you feel good? Lay it out for us. There is no need for you to be sneaky.

Steve

Roll Yur Own, Everyone knows my position and were I stand and what I believe .
I am not going to answer your question.

Bigbuck KJV

Bigbuck, why wont you answer my question?

Its not a hard question.

You said countless times its the true word so what was the true word before the kjv?

Bigbuck, why wont you answer my question?

Its not a hard question.

You said countless times its the true word so what was the true word before the kjv?

Roll-Yur-Own, why won't you answer my question?

It's not a hard question either.

Come on man. Engage the conversation.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.