**** lodge/masons oaths ****

wow, this thread is almost unbelievable. I don't know why I can't stop reading some of the posts even though they really get under my skin.

Didn't Jesus teach us to do on to others as you would have done on to yourself?
Didn't Jesus teach us that we are all God's children??'

It is incredibly xenophobic for us to preach that those who don't believe in what we believe in are damned to hell.

I feel I should stop there before I say something I will regret!

Lets be VERY clear.....I didn't state anybody is going to hell.

Roll, when I said, 'as you state', I meant specifically regarding the Jews' the Nazis killed as that was your specific question.

I appreciate you finally coming out and saying it. Thanks for documenting your ignorance!

It's not my 'coming out and saying it', Roll. It is the clear teaching of the Bible that folks that reject God as in Rom 1:20 passage or think there are other ways to God the Father than Jesus, as in John 14:6 (who are one in the same, BTW, so if you come to know one, you know the other--clearly what Jesus taught), and take this thinking to their grave, will not be saved and will suffer the ravages of hell. This is a clear and consistent concept throughout the Bible.

Many people don't believe me when I tell then how crazy people like you and Big Schmuck are.
Now, I have it in black and white!

Well, good for you. You seem to know some things about the Bible and Chirst and, like 308 says, twist them around to fit your philosophy, rather than accepting the consistent message throughout the Bible.

At least 308 nate says he doesn't know. By the way Nate I agree with you that nobody can presume to know how God works

Ultimately, nobody but God and the individual know if they have rejected God. This is true, obviously. Is not that self-evident? I don't know the hearts of men. We can tell alot from their thoughts/actions/behaviors, but ultimately only God knows the hearts of men. I don't believe I said otherwise.

However, the Bible is very clear that those that reject God will go to hell. That's all I said. I don't claim to know who those people are on an individual basis as I am clearly not God, but a mistake prone, sinful man, saved by the grace of God and in need of his forgivness.

You idiots take your king james Bible written 1600 years after Jesus that is derived from Jewish and Catholic text and claim you know everything. And your version is the true version. A version that threw out the Epistle of St. James calling it the "Epistle of Straw" Do you know why that was? It was because it says that good works are important.

I already removed myself from the KJV debate on this site. Did you not notice that? I also clearly stated my views on how to discern which Bible translation should be used. I typically use the NIV or the ESV and am happy to use the KJV and others on occasion as well--along with various other resources that delve deep into the known history, culture, etc. of the time to gain a deeper understanding. Each can give valuable insight, espcecially into difficult passages that are very time and culture dependent when it comes to understanding them.

You are literally a follower of people who burned people at the stake calling them witches. It is idiots like you that are the reason we have a separation of Church and State.

I would hope that I would not have been part of burning anybody at the stake, ever.

Read your consitution, Roll. Do the words 'separation of church and state' appear there? This is a very overused, missunderstood concept, that admittedly, has gone way too far in our humanist thinking culture. Kinda like when people use the Bible to tell others they shouldn't judge--it's a very limited understanding of the text as a whole and a shame to see.

I have no problem with any person's religion (except for those that preach violence, hate, evil, etc).

Have I preached violence, hate, evil, on anyone? No, quite the opposite. If it were up to me I would want all people to come to know God, but each make his choice. However, the teaching of the Lord Jesus in the Great Commssion are clear. Those that follow him are to be missionaries to others to bring the gospel to everyone possible. Again, take this up with God. It's not me saying it.

If they feel it will lead them to salvation then God bless them. I do have a problem with people preaching that their way is the true way and everyone else will burn.

Again, Roll--it is not 'my' way. I'm simply relating the clear teachings of the Bible. You'll have to take this issue up with God.

I also have a big problem with people killing in God's name. A act that in my lifetime i've only seen commited by extremist Muslims and Extremist Christians. Yes, blowing up abortion clinics is equally as bad as any other terrorist act.

Yes, the actions of extremists muslims are evil--what else would you call it? The acts of folks that kill others that commit abortion are evil and I would suggest to you that they are not following Christ, so please do not call them Christians so flippantly. That is another way for you to support much of your thinking on this issue--nothing more.

Anyway, thanks again for showing what a jackass you and your kind like pat robinson really are.
It takes a real moron to say that haiti is being punished for making a pact with the devil. Although, that is nothing compared to his comment about 9/11 being punishment for abortion.

There are some things Pat says that I do not agree with, that's for sure...the two ideas above being some of it. We live in a sinful fallen world where some of God's grace and blessing have been removed due to Adam and Eve choosing to sin against God. One sin stained all of creation and is the cause of the ravages we witness.

Too bad you really don't know Jesus. His teachings are truly amazing. Maybe one day you will.

Roll, if you really knew his teachings, we would be in agreement on most things discussed here. Crack open your Bible and start to read. Many want to talk about all the 'loving' teachings of Jesus and what a great teacher he was while denying his power as God--a serious mistake. But, it makes it easier to live with his 'teaching' if you only accept of it what you want to, doesn't it? Jesus does have many loving things to say and did (and does) many loving things today, however, if a person really is willing to sit down and study what Jesus said, you will find many very harsh words (just words from an Almighty God). Do you have a red-letter edition of the Bible showing clearly the words of Jesus? Start reading just those throughout the new testament. Not just here and there to your conveneince (sp), but in entirety. You will find that his teaching are 'truly amazing' as you state.

God Bless You!

Thank you and God bless you as well! I will pray for you, Roll.

Jon

Edit: reply to Roll above in bold.

Last edited:
This thread makes me want to throw up, and I am just curious why the Moderators are letting it go. It has no bearing on long range hunting and is only a tangent off another hijacked thread. I'm really disappointed. Yes, it is in General Discussion but is doing nothing but taking up space. Please end this thread.

I think you answered your own question: The Moderators are letting it go because it under General Discussion. You might want to choose not to read it rather than getting yourself all sick.

Religion, politics, and guns. The top three subjects that I can think of. Somewhere in those three you can pretty well cover most things.

Steve

This thread makes me want to throw up, and I am just curious why the Moderators are letting it go. It has no bearing on long range hunting and is only a tangent off another hijacked thread. I'm really disappointed. Yes, it is in General Discussion but is doing nothing but taking up space. Please end this thread.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." I Corinthians 1:18

It's no wonder you feel the way you do. You are not alone as what you are expressing is completely normal and quite universal in this world.

Religion, politics, and guns. The top three subjects that I can think of. Somewhere in those three you can pretty well cover most things.

Steve

And abortion - which is as close to home as the subject of terrorism is for the jidadist movement to some.

It's pretty obvious we're in the mid-winter season, and cabin fever (SAD) is taking it's annual toll.

PS: I'm off to the rifle range - whatever that is...

Last edited:

I would like to say thank you to the Moderators that have let this thread continue.
If you don't like it you don't have to read it. I really never thought that it would get this kind of response:)

1 corinthians 1 ,18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. KJV

The reason I started this thread was so I wouldn't be hijacking another thread.

Last edited:
Brainwashing is the attempt to change the thoughts and beliefs of another person against their will. Religion is actually a form of brainwashing. (Ya, I know I just made everyone mad) It begins at a very early age. I'm not saying it's bad, it is just what it is, brainwashing! Do you think your religion is that much different than ones which we commonly refer to as "cults"? Believe me, it isn't. Yours just has more followers, that's all.

You people are arguing over beliefs, not facts. (on the wrong website) Don't confuse the two! You all are only arguing over what you believe the truth to be. Those books are interesting but they were written by people a very long time ago. Don't take them so literally and argue with every passing person who has been brainwashed to think differently than you have.

Religion is based on beliefs, not facts! I've watched people die and heard their very last words as they lay in a road ditch praying for god to help them. I've killed in self defense and I've seen people who had been killed in the name of God. This stupid friggin thread is just a bunch of arguing by people who think they know something that they don't.

Every night, I go out alone and work an area most cops refuse to. I believe in God but I still carry a 1911, Bushmaster and a Rem 870. (Oh ya, a mean dog too) I don't choose to believe that God is going to keep me alive no matter what. I still have to wear my seatbelt and my vest. I've been shot at, hit by a car and several people have tried to stab me. God didn't save me, a lot of hard work and preparation saved me. Last night I climbed through broken glass to arrest two people who were fighting with the door barricaded. I hope your comfortable and warm in your house while someone else does this for you in your area of the world while you sit there and pass judgment on some strangers beliefs.

Big Buck, get a friggin hobby. Don't try to brainwash people with your beliefs. Give up on threads like this dude. You are on the wrong website. Do you even own a gun? Leave the rest of us alone to think what we want. In the end, it's between me and God.

The rest of you, don't respond to Big Bucks BS postings and threads. Let them die! Maybe he will leave us alone to talk about guns and LRH!

I became interested in this website because I like LRH and thought it would be a great place to learn more about it. What I found was a bunch of **** sheep, arguing about whether mighty mouse can beat up superman!

There, did I offend everyone enough that they will finally let this useless thread die?

Tom

Tom,
The difference in true Christianity and religion/cults is I serve a risen Lord.You can climb through all the windows you want (and i appreciate it) but all your earthly work will someday faid away and all that will stand will be what each one of us did with Christ.

Bigbuck

BigSchmuck, its brainwashing because you believe that your's is the only true way.

If the true word is the kjv then what was the true word between Jesus and 1610ad before the kjv was written?

Just some more Info to share with you fellas.....
Author Dr John R. Rice Pg 22
The Penalties of Masonic Oaths Are Unchristian, Bloodthirsty AND Murderous.

"Binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my left breast torn open, my heart plucked out, and given as a pray to the wild beasts of the field and the fowls of the air..."

The third or Master Mason's obligation has this penalty:

"Binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my body severed in twain, my bowels taken from thence and burned to ashes, the ashes scattered to the four winds of heaven, so that no more trace or remembrance may be had of so vile and perjured a wretch as I, should I ever knowingly or willingly violate this my solemn obligation as a Master Mason. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same.

Such penalties are unchristian. No Christian has a right to bind himself to any such wicked thing. Every Christians body is the temple of the Holy spirit, the dwelling place of God. It is a terrible sin for a christian to defile his body, and suicide is a form of murder. how then, can any christian bind himself to " have my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by it's roots, and buried in the rough sands of the seas," or to have his heart plucked out and fed to beasts of prey or to have his body cut in two and his bowels burned ?

Bigbuck

BigSchmuck, its brainwashing because you believe that your's is the only true way.

If the true word is the kjv then what was the true word between Jesus and 1610ad before the kjv was written?

Roll-Yur-Own, Jesus said that he is the WAY not ways! read Acts chapter 4

If you believe Gods word then this should answer your question
Acts Chapter 4 verse 12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Somthing has got you all bent out of shape. I'm going to ask you a question and i'm not trying to be a BigSchmuck .

2.Have you ever been born again?
You can Pm me the answer if you would like.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Bigbuck or BigShmuck:)

Bigbuck, I'm waaay to big to fit inside my mothers woom.

I feel like your being sarcastic with the statement above but their was a man of the pharisees, named Ni-co-de'mus, a ruler of the jews: It is found in the book of John ch 3 verse 1,8

In verse 3 Jesus tells him...... Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Verse 4. Nic-o-de'mus saith unto him , how can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time in his mother's womb, and be born?

The answer is found in John Ch 3 verse 5,18 KJV

Bigbuck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.