Loaning a suppressor on private property?

Silencer Shop is doing a great job of keeping Suppressor ownership and ease of applying for tax stamp , alive and well . Along with the kiosks and , yes ,the single shot trust , which is ,at moment, the exception to the new ,more restrictive rules and laws , that apply to the trusts . The standard trusts allow you to add one responsible person to the trust , and they still have to submit photo and such . I just did one where my customer , who has purchased 4/5 suppressors from me , every single time gets application kicked back for one thing or the other . And the last two ,that he put on trust , both came back due to needing correct info on the responsible person. The first time it was a half *** drama fest ,because I went by what he told me when got paperwork back , cause he called and told me to be expecting it .told me what all needed done , so ,busy as I was ,I just did what he said they needed and sent back in..... yep, had it back in my mailbox in 2 weeks I believe , cause I thought it was his approval and was a little peeved that kicked back again , until I actually read reasons and then I could have strangled him because he had told me his interpretation rather than the black n white facts . Seems like everybody tends to do that to me , when I'm the lone survivor of 4 ATF audits in first 4 years , so I have really started paying attention to details on paperwork n call when I'm unsure as much as they keep changing the forms,adding forms , issuing new forms,etc etc
But long story short was because her address didn't match her ID or the address on trust papers and her photo wasn't correct size , so I took care of and learned another lesson , lol
But the trusts started as a great idea and in certain states ,areas ,with not so uptight field agents , still are , but dang do they not like when they ask me about why I did something a certain way and I tell them that had checked before I did, then it's the oh yeah , and who did you contact to get that answer and you can see them literally sharpening their pencils to start writ8ng up multiple paperwork infractions , until I say hold on and go get copy of emails with name,office and numbers ...CYA with ATF as yes most are decent , but it only takes somebody being in a bad mood or having a bad day ,to get on the wrong side of them and ,me , well I tend to stay on it then because I refuse to not cover my *** n think that torques them more when I have it documented ,and they don't expect it . Sorry way off topic but yes Silencer Shop is great and in fact even sent us out waivers to allow us to continue to file electronically through their site n then was forwa4ded to ATF just couple months ago, as without waiver filed by end of December , would not be able to have customers purchase n use electronic filing option anymore . Sorry so long n winded , it's. Gett8ng to the boring part of winter ,not enough snow on ground n wat is is super crunchy n too dang windy as well ,to even go night hunting n getting to b perfect t8me for thinn8ng numbers

according to the ATF any dog within a 1 mile radius of their operation is a direct threat and must be eliminated. ;):D
1589156065577.png

Any clue what the law says about loaning a suppressor to a friend or guest on private property? To be clear this would be on a large TX ranch where the Can will not ever leave the property. More or less going from the camp to the blind. Thanks

Joe S
[/QUOTE
Any clue what the law says about loaning a suppressor to a friend or guest on private property? To be clear this would be on a large TX ranch where the Can will not ever leave the property. More or less going from the camp to the blind. Thanks

Joe S
i know your asking the legal aspect but the way I see it is none of anybody's **** business what you do with your property on your property! Guess I'm just old fashioned

It's really strange how the ATF has decided to interpret transferring of ownership. I've said it before but I could loan someone my car and then could drive it across the country and no one would necessarily accuse me of transferring ownership of the car to them. If I let my dad go hunting with a suppressor and he gets out of sight/shouting range, suddenly I have transferred ownership to him illegally. I don't believe this is codified in law anywhere and I doubt the ATF could successfully prosecute such a case, however, I don't want to be want to be on the wrong end of any lawsuit with the ATF. So, I keep my suppressors on my guns, in my immediate vicinity or secured in a safe at all times.

"doctorjj, post: 1899629, member: 21628"]
It's really strange how the ATF has decided to interpret transferring of ownership. I've said it before but I could loan someone my car and then could drive it across the country and no one would necessarily accuse me of transferring ownership of the car to them. If I let my dad go hunting with a suppressor and he gets out of sight/shouting range, suddenly I have transferred ownership to him illegally. I don't believe this is codified in law anywhere and I doubt the ATF could successfully prosecute such a case, however, I don't want to be want to be on the wrong end of any lawsuit with the ATF. So, I keep my suppressors on my guns, in my immediate vicinity or secured in a safe at all times.

You never want to get into a lawsuit with any branch of the government, unless you're a billionaire, because they have unlimited (taxpayer) funds to harras you with.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.