Anyone bore a suppressor?

Nevermind, it's illegal. Go figure.
I thought the rules were that you can not add material to a suppressor but removing material was OK.
That is how the adjustable suppressors are considered legal. They are listed as full length and the user can remove sections to make them shorter for the application.
It is also why you can not replace a wiper on a suppressor that incorporates a wiper in the design. Replacing the wiper is adding to it. But shooting a hole through a wiper is ok because it is removing material and creating/enlarging the hole.

I thought the rules were that you can not add material to a suppressor but removing material was OK.
That is how the adjustable suppressors are considered legal. They are listed as full length and the user can remove sections to make them shorter for the application.
It is also why you can not replace a wiper on a suppressor that incorporates a wiper in the design. Replacing the wiper is adding to it. But shooting a hole through a wiper is ok because it is removing material and creating/enlarging the hole.
Now you have me wondering, I'll have to read into it some more.

the suppressor has a caliber designated to it and etched/marked onto it some way or another -- you would be changing the caliber --its a no-go

here is a statement on just that subject :
Q5: May a repair change the dimensions or caliber of a silencer?

A: If alterations to a silencer would increase the overall length or change the diameter or caliber of a silencer, this is the making of a new silencer, as opposed to a repair. The new silencer must be registered and transferred in accordance with the NFA and the GCA. Alterations to a registered silencer that result in a minimal reduction in the overall length for purposes of rethreading are permissible as repairs. However, the reduction in length may not result in the removal, obliteration, or alteration of the existing serial number, as this would violate 18 U.S.C. § 922(k). If such a repair is necessary, the damaged silencer should be destroyed or returned to the registrant. If it is destroyed, destruction should be reported to the NFA Branch. Any replacement silencer must be registered and transferred in accordance with the NFA and the GCA. See Q2 and Q3 for further information on repairs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.