Load Development for 300PRC

I asked Berger for some load data for a 300 prc and they sent pages. The recipe for 205 elite hunter #30555, 205g, is N570 83.1 to 91.3g. I am working on it as well. Good Luck.
That load data with N570 is totally insane........

Berger sent me load data for my 300prc in which at the time I had only Retumbo to use….I pressured out at their starting load….not sure why their data is so spicy

I may be mistaken, but I thought Berger's data was taken from quickload or something to that effect. Just goes to show that every rifle is different I guess.

I may be mistaken, but I thought Berger's data was taken from quickload or something to that effect. Just goes to show that every rifle is different I guess.
I would check back with Berger on that data. This issue was supposed to have been corrected. Someone is going to get hurt, or worse, using this data that Berger supposedly got from Quickload. That start load is most likely close to max pressure, if not over.

One of my 28 Nosler Loads is 82.5g of Retumbo and that is a hot load. I would use Hornady load data for your 300 PRC. It has been pretty reliable for me in mine.

Tested two more powders for my seekins element 300 PRC today. Last time I posted a shot N570 and it did pretty well. 550 yards.

Today I tested H 1000 ans N568.

Some wind about 10 miles an hour gusts up to 15 from my 11 o'clock while shooting.

The target is a 6 inch diameter target also.

N568:
The N568 did not seem to shoot the most consistent but I only went up to 84.5 grains and I still do not have pressure. The bolts are not shooting as fast as I would like between 27 to 2800.
I only shot everyone green starting at 78 grain until I got to speed and I liked then I went .5 Grain.

Results below

H1000:
H 1000 seem to shoot pretty well and was hitting some more speed. Seem 79-81.5 maybe be good? I'm not sure why all of those bullet hits started going off the paper.

See below.

Attachments

• IMG_8608.jpeg
    IMG_8608.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8607.jpeg
    IMG_8607.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 50

Recent Posts