300prc load development in a time crunch

Drew a bull elk tag in UT that I had no business of drawing! Custom rifle will be done in a few weeks. With traveling for work, I'll have limited time for load development. I usually like to take my time during the process.
Defiant Deviant Action 300prc
My grandson reloads for his 300PRC on my equipment. He had lots of trouble getting cases stuck in FL resize dies, both Redding and WIlson. We had to use a shop press to get them out. Redding replaced a die and added some advice, "get some really good case lube, this is common in 300PRC. It has very little taper." Second die same as the first. I think he found that Imperial lube worked best.

My grandson reloads for his 300PRC on my equipment. He had lots of trouble getting cases stuck in FL resize dies, both Redding and WIlson. We had to use a shop press to get them out. Redding replaced a die and added some advice, "get some really good case lube, this is common in 300PRC. It has very little taper." Second die same as the first. I think he found that Imperial lube worked best.

Imperial lube definitely works best and clean die and put some imperial in the die.

Here's a thunk? I haven't tried this myself yet, but after thunk'n I might give it a go? If your chamber is saami spec, try and use a field or some other headspace gauge and insert it into the fl die and might find where it binds? That's if you don't already know? I could totally be way off, but who knows?

Start 0.020 off lands. Shoot ladder in 0.3 increments from 77-81 grains. Depending on rifle should reach pressure in that 80 range [ejector marks]

Do the ladder test at least 3-400 if you can.

Should find decent group in that 78-79 range or about a grain under pressure.

Fine tune from there.

I will say my rifle hated h1000. I really wanted my rifle to like it but couldn't get it much under one moa.

Loved both RL26 and n570. Easy and fast loads well under 0.5 moa out to 700 and 1000

My go to load is
199 hammers
Adg virgin brass
N570 83 grains
Cci 250
0.020 of lands [ 3.66 in my case]
3180 fps out of 26 inch 9 twist bart.
19 for 19 on animals out to 450 yards so far.

Took it to Africa on short notice without full load workup and ph's were impressed.

Under 500 yards i would consider 199 hammer. If preparing for over 500 stick with 215 berger.
I strongly second the use of 199gr Hammer when in a time crunch. I was in that boat last year with my factory 300 PRC and found a 1/2MOA load in under 20 shots. Kept shooting the same load at home and out west and it consistently shot 1/2MOA out to 400 yards.

Drew a bull elk tag in UT that I had no business of drawing! Custom rifle will be done in a few weeks. With traveling for work, I'll have limited time for load development. I usually like to take my time during the process.
Defiant Deviant Action 300prc
24" Proof CF barrel

I have collected the reloading components.
ADG Brass
Berger 215gr hybrid target
H1000
Federal 215

Any pet loads that might get me started, I'd appreciate it
This is my personal experience in my rifle so please take caution in your rifle.

I run the exact components.
20 thousand off lands at 80.5 grains of H1000. Slight ejector marks at 95 degrees outside. I'm getting just shy of 3100fps on my chrono.
Rifle is a Seekins PH2. Groups under a half inch from from 78-81 grains of powder. It really tightened up when I got above 3k and is at .32" where I finished my work.
I have only taken this rifle to 500 yards, but I feel very confident in its ability to out shoot me much further out.
I would work up from 77 or lower if you feel the need.

Good luck with the load development, I wish you even greater luck and success on your hunt.

Daniel

Wouldnt it be smarter for this trip to just buy some factory ammo?
I agree completely. I bought 3 boxes of the Hornaday 225 ELDM ammunition. It's very accurate. I shot my 1st elk bull at 250 yards w/a 1 shot kill. A lot less hassle if you are short on time!!