Load data for 10mm

KKM barrels
Suggest Hard Cast lead 20 BHN or better and coated or Gas Check or both 200 or 220.
KKN barrel
Note most 220gr Hardcast without GC are actually 213grain in weight .
IMG_0069.jpeg

Last edited:
Suggest Hard Cast lead 20 BHN or better and coated or Gas Check or both 200 or 220.

Note most 220gr Hardcast without GC are actually 213grain in weight .View attachment 506184
My 200gr HCs are closer to 205 or so, not 200. They're not gas checked. I haven't bought any of the 220gr because I'm pretty satisfied with the 200s.

While preparing for my Idaho trip back in the summer I shot about 250 Buffalo Bullets hard cast through my G40 and experienced hardly any leading in my factory barrel. Their bullets do have a copper base, so it may act as a wiper, IDK.

While preparing for my Idaho trip back in the summer I shot about 250 Buffalo Bullets hard cast through my G40 and experienced hardly any leading in my factory barrel. Their bullets do have a copper base, so it may act as a wiper, IDK.
The purpose of the gas check is for high pressures, such as those commonly encountered in maximum loadings of magnum revolver cartridges or rifle cartridges, often resulting in significant problems when coupled with cast or swaged lead bullets. It was long thought that the high temperatures melted the base of the bullet, but this is no longer thought to be the case. Instead, the high pressures allow propellant gas to escape past the bullet, causing gas cutting, which increases lead deposits in the barrel and unbalances the bullet. A gas check provides a thin layer of harder but still malleable metal on the base of the bullet that obturates to provide a seal and prevents the propellant gas leakage that causes gas cutting and helps the bullet grip the rifling. Cheers

Well put 436.
Back in the early 90's I bought a used S&W 1006,re-conditioned by S&W and sold to the public from Law Enforcement returns.New barrels and accurate with copper/lead core bullets that could fully obturate in the bore but lead bullets leaded so badly I had to soak the barrel in carb cleaner for a couple of hours and clean with a bristle brush to get the lead out and back then I could never find gas checks for 40 cal bullets back then.
So I slugged my barrel,slightly over .400 so a .400 so lead bullet could never obturate in the barrel so I ordered a custom die(cheap)from Lee to size at .401 (and another at .402 just incase) and never had a leading problem again.
Then I found out about powder coating,so the lead never comes in contact with the barrel.Leading became a past problem,no more leading.
I also shot a Glock that leaded some but Powdercoating bullets fixed that problem too.

Last edited:
Speaking of powder coated bullets,has anyone head anymore on whether the powder coated bullets produce poison toxins when shot?

I haven't heard anything……but, I'm sure that they cause cancer in Kalifornia! Hell……everything causes cancer in Kalifornia! And, apparently Kalifornia Cancer is communicable……it's rapidly spreading across other states! 🤬 memtb

I'm thinking it was 1160 out of my Glock 40. The 165 was in the mid 1400's.
They were fired out of my Glock 40. The load is my basic training load of 7.1 grains of W231 under a Berrys 165 plated bullet, which yields about 1150 fps. I just used the same load for the 155 gr bullet. I don't think that pushing the bullet any harder is going to make much difference but I'm kind of stuck until I get my new skyscreens for my chrono. I've also got some 165 and 180 gr Winchester bullets that were pulled from factory ammo. The 165 gr bullets appear to be the Ranger T series (aka Black Talon minus the black coating) and open up perfectly with the same load but I can see the jacket starting to seperate so again, I'm not confident they will be able to handle full 10mm velocities. It's a sad state of affairs!
Cheers,
crkckr
I, too, have a Glock 40. I purchased a 6.5" after-market barrel for future replacement

Glock 40 MOD 10MM 2 of 6.jpg

Glock 40 MOD 10MM 3 of 6.jpg

I currently shoot the HSM Bear Load 180 and Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game 190 Mono for bear defense. However, I will be loading with Lehigh Defense.

1702229514178.png