Load data for 10mm

I haven't done a lot of testing for 150 gr. Bullets in 10mm because .i only have one, the Lehigh Xtreme Defender. So what little testing I've done shows HS6 to have the best velocity so far. I've tested some powders for max but haven't put them thru my chronograph just yet, since I managed to flinch a shot and blast one of my skyscreens! With a .22 lr no less! Totally embarrassing since I had just been putting some of my 10mm thru with no problems! What a mutt! So I'm waiting for a replacement screen to arrive. Until then, that's all I have. Keep in mind the XD bullet is all copper.
Cheers,
crkckr

My personal experience with the 165 Sig V Crowns has not been positive, since the jacket and core seperated when I loaded using my practice load of 7.1gr of WW231, yeilding just over 1100 fps. Driving the bullet any faster isn't going to help the situation at all! Were it a bonded bullet the situation would be different but it isn't so...

I suspect the bullet is designed for the 40 Short & Weak (where it would perform just fine) but simply cannot handle real 10mm velocities without coming apart. This seems to be the case for most of the bullets in .40 cal. under 200 grains. The exception would be the Speer 165 Gold Dot, which, of course is currently unobtainium! I want some... badly! Speer says they are in "full production" but I haven't seen any for sale in over 2 years and even Underwood is using the Nosler 165 for their loads instead of the Speer. I've had the same problems with the Nosler bullet as the V Crown, dang it! If anyone sees the Speer 165 for sale, let me know right after you get yours!
Cheers,
crkckr

I recently talked to a deputy while checking out the water level in the Missouri river behind the Canyon Ferry Dam.
I asked how he like's the 40 cal and he said it was nice.The 10mm he said cannot shoot the same bullets made for a 40 cal pistol.As crkcrk mentioned,the velocity is so much higher that some bullets meant for 40 cal pistol sheds the jacket.
He said he shoots 10mm also and finds bullets meant for the higher velocity.I heard something about that but wasn't sure until now.
I have some 40 cal brass and load them for my 10mm.I have shot 40- 50 rounds and not 1 problem yet.So my regular 40 cal bullets will get used.

I recently talked to a deputy while checking out the water level in the Missouri river behind the Canyon Ferry Dam.
I asked how he like's the 40 cal and he said it was nice.The 10mm he said cannot shoot the same bullets made for a 40 cal pistol.As crkcrk mentioned,the velocity is so much higher that some bullets meant for 40 cal pistol sheds the jacket.
He said he shoots 10mm also and finds bullets meant for the higher velocity.I heard something about that but wasn't sure until now.
I have some 40 cal brass and load them for my 10mm.I have shot 40- 50 rounds and not 1 problem yet.So my regular 40 cal bullets will get used.
I've never had an issue either and I've used gold dots, v crown and xtp. I've seen expansion tests online and I dont recall any losing their jacket.

Rifles and hand guns are a different matter.Even in a rifle I don't use bullets that shed their jacket as it reduces the penetration factor.
If a hand gun sheds it jacket on a target with clothes on it may not get to where you want it to get.
As a hollow point (In a handgun ) expands it creates a larger and better wound channel.If it sheds the jacket you may not get to vitals.
Just my take,I have never been in law enforcement and don't know as much as some.

Earlier this summer I purchased a Glock 40 10mm for a trip to Idaho to visit family. The plan was to do quite a bit of hiking, and we did. I bought 200gr Montana Bullets hard cast along with Longshot and Accurate #9 to load for the trip. Started with the Accurate powder and never opened the Longshot. IIRC, I settled on 11.6gr of #9 for the hard cast and 14.5 for the Berrys 165gr copper washed hollow base. The Accurate #9 meters like water, it's accurate, clean and low flash.

I don't reload defense rounds for two legged critters.

Earlier this summer I purchased a Glock 40 10mm for a trip to Idaho to visit family. The plan was and we did quite a bit of hiking. I bought 200gr Montana Bullets hard cast along with Longshot and Accurate #9 to load for the trip. Started with the Accurate powder and never opened the Longshot. IIRC, I settled on 11.6gr of #9 for the hard cast and 14.5 for the Berrys 165gr copper washed hollow base. The Accurate #9 meters like water, it's accurate, clean and low flash.

I don't reload defense rounds for two legged critters.
Do you remember your load data for 200 gr bullets?
I always work up my loads but need a place to start and stop.

For some reason when I try to type in hodgdon reloading site I can get to it but can't type in or find my caliber and the first list don't have 300 win mag.
Can't go any further.Your link worked well.I copy and pasted all info and printed it out.GOT IT!
Thanks justinp61

For some reason when I try to type in hodgdon reloading site I can get to it but can't type in or find my caliber and the first list don't have 300 win mag.
Can't go any further.Your link worked well.I copy and pasted all info and printed it out.GOT IT!
Thanks justinp61
You have to make sure you're on rifle and not pistol at the top. There are some tabs up there that have Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun. You just need to make sure you're on the right one to get the options right.

I am old and not great with electronics,especially computer stuff.I'll try to remember that.
My son writes programs for a company in Seattle and loves it there.I can't get him to come over to visit and teach me more.
Complete computer geek but hates teaching anyone.

Recent Posts