Little 284 Win help

Ksmirk

Ok guys I'm looking for some help, opinions, suggestions! I am about to screw this barrel on this action in a 284 Winchester chamber and would like to shoot the 162gr. A-Max bullets this is a light barrel rifle and will be my main deer/pig shooter, it will have a 26" finished barrel and will be built on a long action so I get to set the bullets out there so I don't have to get into my powder capacity. So the question here is what are you guys having luck with shooting the 162's and would you go over 14x on scope? I have a chance to shoot out to a little over 1K when I get comfortable with the range. Thanks! Later,

Kirk

Wow no one shoots a 284? I must be an odd duck or something I normally get good help on here. Oh well you can't win them all I guess. Later,

Kirk

I shoot a .284 but dont have loads for 162s yet im currently shooting 130 speer. Let me know how they do. I love my .284 you should be able to find a load it likes. Surely we aint the only two still shooting the 284. someone else should have some info. Good luck.gun)

I've used H4350 and H4831 in my .284, but with 168 and 180 VLD's. I'm sure that powder would work fine with 162's as well, I just haven't worked up a load for that bullet. My 180's like 51 grains of H4350.
Good luck,
-Bryan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts