List of Senators

I'm about as conservative as it gets. Why do we care if psychopaths are put on a no gun list? And why do we care if we have background checks at any purchase? I don't believe in gun control but this bill isn't an instance where the gov is out stepping its bounds.

Who is going to decide who is a psychopath? Should veterans returning from Afghanistan and Iraq with PTSD be put on that list? A very slippery slope.

I care about additional background checks. I think the current requirement should be repealed. It does nothing to stop criminals or maniacs. Why make a law that does not do what it is intended to do? When a BC is made, information is recorded. That is one big reason not to have them. Another reason is it costs $$$. Someone has to pay for the system. It also costs the buyers and sellers in fees and time and inconvenience. It's also another gotchya if you screw up.... which could lead to a law abiding citizen becoming a felon because of a procedural error.

It may not stop psychopaths but it will make a statement. If there are no guidelines for people to follow then they will lead a life with a lack of good values. Remember people are sheep. And we live in a society were people let their kids play games where they murder people but then in the same breath the parents don't offer guidance to their children. And once again if the gov doesn't enforce the laws they have in place it becomes even more of a mockery IE legalizing marijuana in some states.

You are arguing against yourself. A BC is not a guideline, it's a law and a PITA infringment to law abiding citizens. Criminals don't follow guidelines. There are already laws against crime. We don't need to make more laws for the sake of making laws just because some folks "don't care". I do care!!!

FWIW, my view of the Second Amendment. It does not give me the right to keep and bear arms in the defense of my life and property; I was born with that right, it is a basic, fundamental, inherent human right. It is not the government's to give or take.

The Second Amendment is a LIMITATION on government; it forbids it from violating my Birthright. Every thing these politicans do, is them violating natural law and the Constitution, they are the criminals.

Those convicted of a crime, having served their sentence have paid their debt and have the same natural rights to self defense as any one else; otherwise, if they're not to be trusted with a gun, they can't be trusted on the streets to begin with and should remain incarcerated.

Then if you're saying someone can't have a gun due to mental issues because they are a threat, then they are a threat period; they have no business driving cars, owning knives, axes, baseball bats, cans of gasoline, working where food is prepared, in short, they do not belong on the streets, they need to be committed; otherwise, they have a right to self defense same as any one else. Also note that the abuse of gun rights by politicians under the guise of mental illness has already begun in New York state.

Lookee here, we had workplace violence at Ft Hood when the dude yelled Alla Akbar and proceeded to slaughter Americans. Let's see, I guess we could call the Boston bombing, " Recreational Violence ".

......of course now we have had 'terrorists' blow up the Boston Marathon and the Library?

And Obummer addressed the nation this evening (I didn't watch, I was sizing brass, much more important to me than political posturing), besides, when he speaks, I cringe. He spews so much ******** (excuse the french) he's not credible in my opinion.

Contrary to the governments position on Al Quedia, just because the head man got snuffed, it's alive and well and has been right along.

Now, if gun laws weren't so draconian out east, maybe there would have been some pro active resistance instead of mopping up after the fact.

If the central government spend as much time taking care of the business of protecting the citizens against this sort of crap unstead of posturing, it might have not occured.

Well, Kerry is worried foreign students are going to stop coming to America because they are afraid of our guns. Wouldn't it be ironic if the perp turns out to be a foreign student.

......of course now we have had 'terrorists' blow up the Boston Marathon and the Library?

And Obummer addressed the nation this evening (I didn't watch, I was sizing brass, much more important to me than political posturing), besides, when he speaks, I cringe. He spews so much ******** (excuse the french) he's not credible in my opinion.

Contrary to the governments position on Al Quedia, just because the head man got snuffed, it's alive and well and has been right along.

Now, if gun laws weren't so draconian out east, maybe there would have been some pro active resistance instead of mopping up after the fact.

If the central government spend as much time taking care of the business of protecting the citizens against this sort of crap unstead of posturing, it might have not
occured.

I live in MA, This bombing was an awful tragedy snd I don't know yet if any of my friends were injured. I'm hoping this wil be a wake up call to the the moron politicians in this state, and the country for that matter.There is evil in this world, and THEY can't control it or protect us from it, no matter how smart they think they are. It's up to each one of us to protect ourselves and our families.

GF..

When I think of anything east of the Delaware Water Gap, I cringe anymore. It's like the world ends at the NJ line.

We have family out there and I have no desire to visit. I scratch my head and wonder to myself just how gullible the citizens are to let mindless politicians dictate their every breath.

I'm sure the legislative flurry and posturing will follow. It always does. It placates the sheeple. Worthless platatudes with no visible result or nothing to focus those platitudes on.

Like the current assualt against the Constitution and the Second Amendment, all 'smoke and mirrors' perpetuated by politicians who are self serving and case less about their constitutients wishes.

The beat goes on................

They may not be able to protect us but they are building a facility in Utah that will be capable of monitoring and storing every phone call, google search, post on Longrangehunting, and any other electronic communication. Don't worry, the dude in charge of NSA said the system wouldn't be used to spy on US citizens. Newsflash, all of our asses will be on a watch list if we are not already.

The gov will use this incident to gain power and tighten the screws, the folks will probably demand that more rights be taken away in the interest of security. I really do believe we are in irreversible decline. If you boys can, I strongly suggest you spend some of your assets for a personal water supply, look out a garden spot, start thinking about how to store food. If you have the land get a milk cow and build a chicken house. I've lived in this manner before and its not all that bad. If nothing happens the assets you accumulate will be worth more in two or three yrs than you gave for it. If happy times show up again, sell all the stuff and go back to playing golf and screwing with Facebook.

GF..

When I think of anything east of the Delaware Water Gap, I cringe anymore. It's like the world ends at the NJ line.

We have family out there and I have no desire to visit. I scratch my head and wonder to myself just how gullible the citizens are to let mindless politicians dictate their every breath.

I'm sure the legislative flurry and posturing will follow. It always does. It placates the sheeple. Worthless platatudes with no visible result or nothing to focus those platitudes on.

Like the current assualt against the Constitution and the Second Amendment, all 'smoke and mirrors' perpetuated by politicians who are self serving and case less about their constitutients wished.

The beat goes on................

Unfortunately, the cancer appears to be moving inland, much faster than I would have ever expected. Living in a more rural part of MA, its interesting that I am surrounded by conservatives, have some property, and never had much, or any of my shooting or hunting effected. I've had a full carry permit since I arrived here as do most of my buddies, and have had no problem owning and shooting my AR's and handguns. Not much different from when I lived down south. In some ways better. A citizen couldn't get a concealed carry permit in NC. The local law are good guys. Don't get me wrong. I would much rather live out west and get away from the screwballs that run this state, but since I make my living here, I have tried to make the best of it. The problem won't be where in the country you live, it will be in your cities.......like Denver. Doesn't appear much different from the mentality of Boston, Albany, Trenton, Chicago, etc. If you think you are immune out there, my only advice is......don't drop your guard!

Good job to everyone who wrote your senators! They voted, for the most part, on the side of the Constitution.

Now my biggest concern is what Obama's plans are. He seems to be throwing a tantrum about it like a little child. I for one feel that his focus needs to be on Boston right now, but the gun vote today was certainly a huge slap in the face for him. Good work everyone, and keep it up. I'm sure there will be more to come still!

It looks like a hail of letters, emails and phone calls from Oklahomans got Senator Coburns attention. It looked like he was about to go limp on us but manned up in the end. Don't think this is over folks. Round two is being planned and will require even more diligence and attention to defeat.

Obama got his nose mashed and he is ****ed. This may be a good thing, he seems to lose support when he throws temper tantrums in public.

We are not out of the woods yet. Harry Reeds no-vote was procedural, and enables him to put it up for another vote. I sm. sure that Obama will beat the crap out of the red state democrats(or pay them off) to change their position. Hopefully they will hang tough.our President was a pitiful site on TV this evening.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts