Lightweight Long Actions

LiveToHunt7

Looking for recommendations on a lightweight long action. $1000 or less. The CDG has me interested, considering they're coming out with a hunting version soon. I bought an anTi a few years ago before the price hike. I currently also have a Mack Bros evo II in a SA that tipped the scales at 24 oz which I thought was acceptable.

It's hard to research this as I know there are many hidden gems out there and I'm hoping y'all will tell me about them.

This is a long term project so I'm not in a rush to buy this soon and typically spend hours doing research.

Lastly, prefits would be great for the action if available or if it uses a common thread pattern.

Last edited:
Coup De Grâce

Short = 2.1 lbs.
Long = 2.4 lbs.

No release on the Hunter version but it would need significant weight reduction to make your cut. $899 is right in your window.

Mack Bros. is in the price category but weighs in @ Weight: 26.5 oz.

Deviant AnTi X = Weighing as little as 21.9 oz. Way over the price range.

Weight can be saved in other areas of a build, not just in the action.

You really need to keep using a good search engine and also read the reviews. Try to weed out the personal opinions which are not based in actual use.

Enjoy the search!

:)

Just got done with my build using the Pierce engineering shadow. I'll now more once I get it in my hands.

received_749084416784106.jpeg
received_190616323698461.jpeg
received_518480250490555.jpeg
received_2151978535192043.jpeg
received_161919553377076.jpeg

I doubt the CDG hunter version will be offered for the $899 pre-order price. I have a long and short on order now, it will be interesting to see the changes in the hunting actions.

That is a nice looking rifle. I had to look up "270 Sherman Mag." Still not sure what it is. How about giving us, or at least me, a report when you get it. I am really interested in that action.

From the Sherman website:

The 270 Sherman has become quite popular for those wanting that 270 nostalgia with the punch of a magnum on an '06 case size. This is even more appealing with new bullets like the the 170 Berger EOL available. Even though the parent case is the 270 W, you won't recognize the velocity!

Here is the case:

1679232138147.png

The case is a 300 Sherman (L) and is compared to a .270 case (R) in the pic.

Enjoy!

:)

Looking for recommendations on a lightweight long action. $1000 or less. The CDG has me interested, considering they're coming out with a hunting version soon. I bought an anTi a few years ago before the price hike. I currently also have a Mack Bros evo II in a SA that tipped the scales at 24 oz which I thought was acceptable.

It's hard to research this as I know there are many hidden gems out there and I'm hoping y'all will tell me about them.

This is a long term project so I'm not in a rush to buy this soon and typically spend hours doing research.

Lastly, prefits would be great for the action if available or if it uses a common thread pattern.
if you are looking for a light weight action I would assume you want to build a mountain type weight rifle. if you can pair your action to a prefit carbon barrel you will be in business. my advise is save for what you really want and don't settle just because you want it now regret is difficult to live with sometimes.

if you are looking for a light weight action I would assume you want to build a mountain type weight rifle. if you can pair your action to a prefit carbon barrel you will be in business. my advise is save for what you really want and don't settle just because you want it now regret is difficult to live with sometimes.
I agree. An action can last a lifetime. Get the action you really want and don't try to save on this component of your build.