Lightweight long-range rifle weights?

My personal preference in a LR rifle is a minimum of 10.5# fully loaded with scope(<28oz). This weight is manageable for carry and also gives me the stability for shots to 1200 yards.
I am with you GreyFox. Between 10.5 and 12 lbs fully loaded seems to be the sweet spot for a true long range capable rifle, that isn't too bad to hike around with.

View attachment 149914 Browning's X-Bolt Pro has a carbon fiber stock and thin, fluted barrel and fluted bolt.

6.5 CM weighs 6 lbs. 1 oz.-> 22" barrel (shown above W/ 3 - 15 x 42 SWFA scope, FFP, mil/mil)
6.5 PRC is 6 lbs. 3 oz.-> 24" barrel.
These are for the standard length. the 26" barrel Long Range editions obviously weigh more.
Both of these have given me excellent accuracy.

Eric B.
I have several slings like you have on this rifle. They are my favorite. They are simple, light , don't get in the way and comfortable.

It makes a difference if carrying with a sling or on a pack. I find my 12 lb gun is easy to carry when strapped to the pack but the 9 lb gun over a sling all day sucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.