Lightest smallest Suppressor? MT rifle build

I have 2-Banish 30's, I absolutely love that they are modular, they come 9" but in about 5 minutes they're 7" and super light weight & handy. I run them on everything from a 204 and 223 coyote hunting to my 6.5x284 that I carry in the back country!!!!!!! The Banish backcountry is 1.5" shorter and roughly the same weight & $150 more expensive........

I just got my AB Raptor 4 stack with a 4" bull barrel reflex mount.

I'd not wanted to reply to this thread until I got to shoot it, and I have nothing else to compare to, but my criteria was in line with yours, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Actually, I probably will buy another on Monday.

Its short (added barrel length) and light. Its hearing safe and pleasurable to shoot on my 300PRC. My only regret is that I didn't buy one earlier.

I'm in the "process" of buying my third Harvester EVO (https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester-evo), I put the first one on a 308 and like it so much that I have two more in "process". I'm sure there are some out there that are better, smaller and lighter but these are pretty good at 10.8 oz. and 6.235". I paid $550 for the last two and I don't think you can beat them for the price and I don't see myself hunting without a suppressed rifle in the future. #2 will go on my 6.5 CM and #3 will go on my build-in-progress 7mm PRC. Note, these are really designed for "hunting", they are not full-auto rated (rated to 300 Win Mag) and would possible overheat/damage with extended range shooting without cooling breaks.

I'm in the "process" of buying my third Harvester EVO (https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester-evo), I put the first one on a 308 and like it so much that I have two more in "process". I'm sure there are some out there that are better, smaller and lighter but these are pretty good at 10.8 oz. and 6.235". I paid $550 for the last two and I don't think you can beat them for the price and I don't see myself hunting without a suppressed rifle in the future. #2 will go on my 6.5 CM and #3 will go on my build-in-progress 7mm PRC. Note, these are really designed for "hunting", they are not full-auto rated (rated to 300 Win Mag) and would possible overheat/damage with extended range shooting without cooling breaks.
For hunting they seem to be one of the best bang for the buck available. I have 1 in process for my sons 7mm-08.

It isn't much heavier than the Nomad TI but is alot cheaper.

I have 2-Banish 30's, I absolutely love that they are modular, they come 9" but in about 5 minutes they're 7" and super light weight & handy. I run them on everything from a 204 and 223 coyote hunting to my 6.5x284 that I carry in the back country!!!!!!! The Banish backcountry is 1.5" shorter and roughly the same weight & $150 more expensive........
Are you saying that it adds 7" to your over all barrel length?? And that is "handy"??

What I'm saying is, suppressors are obtrusive at best and the shorter and lighter the better. In the grand scheme of things, 7 Inches added to barrel length isn't that bad. Some suppressors are much longer. I hope that clears things up for you.

Are you saying that it adds 7" to your over all barrel length?? And that is "handy"??
They do and it's not...but the benefit is worth the trouble. For my 308, I went 20" and it's fine. The 6.5 CM is 24" and it's a bit long. My 7mm PRC build is 22" with a suppresser in mind and should be ok. I won't hunt without one these days, benefit far outweighs the downside of a longer barrel.

Depends where you are.

I have rifle with a 30" barrel with a 12" suppressor and it's perfectly fine, because there's never anything to snag a barrel on where I take it. Carries fine on a Mystery Ranch pack, and I shoot if off a tripod. There might not be a tree over 5' tall for about a hundred miles in any direction though.

My woods rifle is a lever action 30-30 with no scope, any suppressor would be a royal pain on it.

I have several suppressors and none of them are longer than 4" forward of the muzzle. It makes them far less obtrusive and handier. The suppressor does though come back over the barrel a few inches from the muzzle making it about 8" over all. The brand is DPT - made in NZ. Most of my barrels are 20" making them about 24" OAL with the suppressor. Calibres of mine are up to 300saum.

Attachments

• CF9BB3FC-DE8B-4765-A239-01834C1BDBA6.jpeg
    CF9BB3FC-DE8B-4765-A239-01834C1BDBA6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
I to have a banish 30 and so far love it. I've run it on my 7-08 ,6.5 cm and my ar15 in 223 .. I haven't run it in the short configuration. I did just start the wait for a harvester Evo for my new in process build . With a planned 280ai with a 26inch proof I was looking for a smaller can . The weight and size sold me . Now I just need a stock and then it's off to the gunsmith. The goal is to keep it light and balanced .

I pick up my TB Ultra5 tomorrow. It's for the same purpose as yours. Ultra light and compact hunting can. I have a bigger 338 can for when I need better suppression and weight and length are less important.

I have always heard great things about TB. Be sure to do your research on barrel length restrictions, the warranty on the can, and the reputation of the company. I was eying a different, less expensive option, and I learned there was NO warranty whatsoever on it. The ATF rules, wait times, cost are too much of an investment to buy a product without a good company to support it.

Good luck making your choice, let us know how you like it when you get it in.

I pick up my TB Ultra5 tomorrow. It's for the same purpose as yours. Ultra light and compact hunting can. I have a bigger 338 can for when I need better suppression and weight and length are less important.

I have always heard great things about TB. Be sure to do your research on barrel length restrictions, the warranty on the can, and the reputation of the company. I was eying a different, less expensive option, and I learned there was NO warranty whatsoever on it. The ATF rules, wait times, cost are too much of an investment to buy a product without a good company to support it.

Good luck making your choice, let us know how you like it when you get it in.
What can were you looking at with no warranty?