Buying A New Factory Rifle With A Suppressor!

antelopedundee

If one was to buy a factory rifle with a suppressor already factory installed are the regs to purchase it the same as if it was an aftermarket accessory? Or is the process to acquire it a lot less of a hassle?

1st off-- right now it's "unavailable " on their website --- also I didnt see any specifications to state if the suppressor is integral or not- but it appears to be a qd mount.
Therefore it is 2 separate items-- a suppressor that must go through the nfa, and a separate sbr that also must go through the nfa regs.( due to the 13 inch barrel )
you would need 2 separate tax stamps/fees--- if the suppressor is non removable therefore considered "integral" than its a single stamp item because if it's a permanently attached MD it counts towards the overall barrel length and would no longer be an sbr.

On sigs web page the part number does say "sbr" so I assume it would be classified an an nfa sbr--- I do not see anything saying that the suppressor is included though-- just a suppressor in the pic. Do you have info that says the suppressor is included ?

1st off-- right now it's "unavailable " on their website --- also I didnt see any specifications to state if the suppressor is integral or not- but it appears to be a qd mount.
Therefore it is 2 separate items-- a suppressor that must go through the nfa, and a separate sbr that also must go through the nfa regs.( due to the 13 inch barrel )
you would need 2 separate tax stamps/fees--- if the suppressor is non removable therefore considered "integral" than its a single stamp item because if it's a permanently attached MD it counts towards the overall barrel length and would no longer be an sbr.

On sigs web page the part number does say "sbr" so I assume it would be classified an an nfa sbr--- I do not see anything saying that the suppressor is included though-- just a suppressor in the pic. Do you have info that says the suppressor is included ?
No. I'm just assuming that the suppressor comes with it since it looks like it's finished to match the rifle. Assuming that it's included would one still have the long wait to get ATF approval?

FWIW I'm not interested in purchasing one.

Last edited:
IF it comes with the suppressor (which I doubt- no where in the description does it say anything about comming with a suppressor)-- it's just like any other nfa item on a form 4.
2 nfa items-- 2 stamps

Suppressor, sbr, sbs, aow, mg--- all nfa-- all require stamps --- no short cuts unless it's for mil or leo

Cohunt nailed it but with efile now the wait times are way shorter. I waited 375 days for my last paper form can. Ive been seeing online 90-100 days for eform 4's

Description states that it comes with the suppressor Direct from the factory. Therefore , 2 stamps, and 2 wait times, yuck. 2BBA0935-C809-4B0C-971F-8B0ED8D2EF63.png

Thanks.

Why would you need any special paperwork for that gun as opposed to say an AR-15 clone? Does the gun that the suppressor goes onto have to be registered as well?

Thanks.

Why would you need any special paperwork for that gun as opposed to say an AR-15 clone? Does the gun that the suppressor goes onto have to be registered as well?
It's an sbr-- short barrel rifle ( barrel length under 16 ")-- the description says the bbl length is 13"-- so sbr.

If you are thinking of entering the nfa world I suggest you read up on the general rules at least

If one was to buy a factory rifle with a suppressor already factory installed are the regs to purchase it the same as if it was an aftermarket accessory? Or is the process to acquire it a lot less of a hassle?

Its the same. It goes in jail till you get the stamp, but I'm sure you can walk out the door with the rifle and come back for suppresor when cleared by ATF.

Recent Posts