Lightest Carbon rife stock

shooters

My head hurts from searching. And this probably isn't the right section to post this.
Between Manners, McMillan, AG Composite and so on, I'm looking for the lightest carbon stock (adjustable or non adjustable) for a sheep rifle. Long Action. Spend a lot of time in the Brooks and most shots for Rams are 500 and under so I'm on the lightweight train.

Anyone point me in the right direction please?

Prefer adjustable.

What action and bottom metal configuration are you trying to fit?

For an R700 pattern with a BDL set up, the Proof Research Lightweight Mountain Hunter Stocks are just under 20oz. Really liked the one I had, simple and straight forward.

If you're really looking for lightweight but still good ergonomics, look at the peak 44. I'm very impressed with mine. Sheep rifle weighs 6lbs 4 ounce scoped w proof carbon bbl. Will still hold under half moa at 850 yards
1917F0F9-E79E-4E97-A081-370E74A9A74E.jpeg

Contact Doc at MPI, mpicustomStocks.com they have a large selection with some options in blank form going as light as 13oz, I have two rifles in 257 Ackley and 338 win field ready they tip the scales at 6lbs 1oz and 6lbs 3oz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-201107.png
    Screenshot_20220429-201107.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220429-201045.png
    Screenshot_20220429-201045.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 85
Contact Doc at MPI, mpicustomStocks.com they have a large selection with some options in blank form going as light as 13oz, I have two rifles in 257 Ackley and 338 win field ready they tip the scales at 6lbs 1oz and 6lbs 3oz
Doc is no longer alive iirc and his daughter runs mpi now

Still have extremely light stocks though--- I bought an " ultralight" blank with magnum cross pins and it weighs 18.5 oz finished--- they make a lighter one too. Some of your weight comes from the butt pad-- they can range from 1.5 oz up to easily over 5 or 6 so watch which butt pad you add on if you are counting ounces

Last edited:
What action and bottom metal configuration are you trying to fit?

For an R700 pattern with a BDL set up, the Proof Research Lightweight Mountain Hunter Stocks are just under 20oz. Really liked the one I had, simple and straight forward.
Yes. Defiance GA Hunter Long Action. I didn't know Proof sold just stocks. Thank you.

Proof Lightweight Hunter is hard to beat if you can find one- very rigid for the weight (19oz)

Would love to try a Peak44 (and it looks like they are lefty friendly!)

The Mesa has nearly the EXACT dimensions as a Manner MCS-T but with lots more material taken out of the barrel channel- so if you like that contour it a good option at about 6oz less than a manners.

Proof Lightweight Hunter is hard to beat if you can find one- very rigid for the weight (19oz)

Would love to try a Peak44 (and it looks like they are lefty friendly!)

The Mesa has nearly the EXACT dimensions as a Manner MCS-T but with lots more material taken out of the barrel channel- so if you like that contour it a good option at about 6oz less than a manners.

Thank you.

Have you thought about the mdt hnt26? I've had McM Edge stocks and while they were lite by the time bedding was done and bottom metal was added, they were usually upper 20s, or low 30s depending on stock design. The mdt is drop in ready at 26oz. That sounds pretty good.