Lightest Carbon rife stock

Manners uc might be the lightest from the big 3, after that it's mpi and the ugly kifaru walking rifle stock. Keep in mind these are sometimes single layer divinycell core with an occasional split core layer. Not exactly designed for hard chargers and big recoil.

Having built a sub 6 lbd 358 sta, and a 6 lbd 300 rum... cut the handles off your tooth brush and cut the tags off your clothes but carry a 7 lbd rifle...

Try Brown Precision Stocks .
20 ounces , carbon graphite construction , on a Weatherby Mark V , .300 Weatherby Magnum , 180gr Partitions at 3210 FPS .
Total rifle weight near 7.5# with sling and Leupold Vari-X 3 , 2.5 x 8 scope .
The recoil was much less than the shooting in the original Weatherby Claro Walnut stock .

Handy online recoil calculator at JBM...

With 180 gr bullets at 3000 fps, in a 7lb rifle, that's around 40 ftlbs of recoil. 6lbs would be 45 ftlbs.

That's gonna get you down to ~30 ftlbs with a 168 @ 2900 fps for a 6 pounder. Still substantial.

For comparison, a 9 lb "Grand Pappy's Ought Six" type rifle, e.g. classic wood and metal Rem 700, Win 70, etc, would probably be around 20 ftlbs of recoil. Same rifle in 338 Win Mag would be around 30 ftlbs.

If I was building anything bigger than a 6.5 PRC in a 6-7 lb rifle, I'd put some foam around the scope ocular just in case...
Yup. 6lbs all up(scope, 3 other rounds in it, etc), and I wouldn't go over 308win. 7-08, 260rem 243win, 6.5 or 6CM, 6 ARC. Could get a little more exotic with like a 257 roberts. Those are the rounds I think of with sub 6lb ready to hunt guns. And they kill sheep fine.
Any way you put it, in a gun that light I don't think you want anything more than 150gr bullets and mid 40gr for powder. Or less.

280 AI would be the next option I guess.
Keep in mind that you are going to put your cross hairs on the animal and pull the trigger with adrenaline going through your body you aren't going to feel the recoil that much. If you were target shooting you will feel the recoil more. You do still have to sight the rifle in though

13 oz??? Wow.

There is a caveat to that. 13 oz is sans any form of butt pad single outer layer and not setup for heavier recoiling rounds. I love mpi, grateful the daughter resurrected it. In a day and age where all non 700 molds and methods are joining the dinosaurs in extinction their catalog of available models and inlets is awesome. Doesn't detract from the reality that 13 oz is hard to do. And had very real compromises.

I know of one that was 16-17 oz layed up to take 358 sta recoil and out joke was they didn't put a recoil pad on they just showed a picture of a recoil pad to it. Sacrifices are definitely made to dip much below the weight of the bear tooth 44 style stocks.

Someone here mentioned Oregon Gunsmithing (Pendleton Composite Stocks) and their website sight says their stocks are made using, among other things, kevlar. I was going to say that Kimber makes their lightest rifles with a stock that has kevlar in it..... and so now I'm wondering if Oregon Gunsmithing makes Kimber's stocks? Either way, Oregongunsmithing make a REALLY light stock, and the Kimber Montana and Mountain Ascent are very very light rifles. The short mags are at or just under 5 pounds and magnums a little more. Personally.....I'd be running a really good brake on those.....even though it's only one shot or so. It could cut recoil in half. But wear your ears :)

I have a 20 oz. carbon/kevlar stock from MPI. (I'm not sure if MPI is even in business these days).
But, the point is, I believe the kevlar is what gives a carbon stock its stiffness. Carbon kinda flexes. So, I believe a lot of carbon fiber stocks have kevlar in certain places for stiffness and strength. My MTI stock is not only light but incredible stiff. I feel fortunate to have it.

Keep in mind that you are going to put your cross hairs on the animal and pull the trigger with adrenaline going through your body you aren't going to feel the recoil that much. If you were target shooting you will feel the recoil more. You do still have to sight the rifle in though
Very true. I do have a few other carbon builds (6.5 PRC and 300 PRC) but I never went crazy with trying to keep them ultralight. Both are suppressed so little to no recoil. Not terribly concerned about recoil. (Looking at a new build off what's been recommended here on this thread using Peak44, AntiX action, and a few other changes (suppressor length/optic/barrel length) it looks like I could shave 25-30oz total off what I currently have which is substantial. I'm concerned about having a rifle so light that distance shots can become challenging with just the heartbeat. We've all been there. But I'd like to at least try one ultralight for a season.

Very true. I do have a few other carbon builds (6.5 PRC and 300 PRC) but I never went crazy with trying to keep them ultralight. Both are suppressed so little to no recoil. Not terribly concerned about recoil. (Looking at a new build off what's been recommended here on this thread using Peak44, AntiX action, and a few other changes (suppressor length/optic/barrel length) it looks like I could shave 25-30oz total off what I currently have which is substantial. I'm concerned about having a rifle so light that distance shots can become challenging with just the heartbeat. We've all been there. But I'd like to at least try one ultralight for a season.
You'll have to do a little tweaking on the Peak 44 for the antiX but it's not a big deal at all. Just need to file a flat for the bolt release.

I agree, I am currently waiting on a peak 44 for a current built on a Zermatt origin with a pre-fit proof barrel. I did contact peak 44 before I ordered my stick to see what caliber they had tested the stock up to. They told me that they have run a 338-378 in their stocks without issue. I'm sure any decision you make you will be happy.