Lighter Weight High End Binos

I would try Minox Binoculars.I carried 10X42 SLCs for years and got sick of the weight.I have a pair of the 8X33 Minox that I would put up against almost any other pair available.The nice thing is if you buy them from Doug at Cameraland and you do not like them,you can return for a refund no problem.Here is a link to the site,
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...d-scopes/42ee0f8f-1c54-4480-a5f7-fef5200d0883

I love my Leica GeoVid 10X42's. I have an old set of 8X32's as well. both work wonderfully and they are, as far as I am concerned, light. but then I am 49.

I'm waiting 'til Leica comes out with their 3000 series rangefinders in a bluetooth configuration for use with a Kestrel Elite 5700. Then I'll decide on a model.

Currently I have Bushnell 10 x 42 1 Mile rangefinders that are only "OK" in term of glass quality and rangefinding capabilities. They were "goos in their day" but that day is long gone.

Eric B.
P.S.Triple BB, "... given that I'm closer to 60 than 50..." Well bud, I'm "closer to 80 than 70" so don't feel bad. But I stay in shape. In a few minutes I'll saddle up my pack and do a 1 hour training hike in the hills. Gotta "maintain".

BB ~
Easier said than done $ wise but, you might consider long term goal of keeping your 10X, purchasing a Swaro 8 X and a spotting scope. Some hunts take your 8 x, other
perhaps just 10 x and perhaps bino and spotter when you feel buff. I Have 8 x 30 Swaro, 12 x 50 old Zeiss and compact Kowa spotter. In time I will up grade to all Swaro because they more than earned my patronage. Sent in my toasted Swarovski 8 x 30s for lens replacement after three decades of service. They politely explained the lenses must come from Austria and would cost a bit over $100. Thought that was a sweet enough deal until they surprised me with the best customer i have ever experienced. I received a brand new previous year model 8 x 30 bino for future decades of service.

Why not upgrade to the el range so you can keep the quality glass but shave the difference in weight from the slightly heavier binos instead of two separate items.

I have several bino harnesses including the Alaskan and a Kuiu. Will look at the 8x32's as some recommend as well as some of the other bino's. Appreciate all the replies...

I had the 10x42 els for some years and went to 8x32 last 8-10.Have small lieca pocket for bow hunting as Im just trying see if nice bull ususally.

One nice aspect of Swarovski optics is, they hold their resale value quite well and their guarantee is iron clad. I had an issue with my EL's a while back, called them in Cranston, Rhode Island and they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex mail invoice. Sent them back and they not only fixed the issue but the cleaned them inside and out. Great bino's.

For a number of years I carried a set of Zeiss Victory 10-25's. Great little binos but as I've aged -60- they didn't gather enough light. I found a killer deal on a pair of Zeiss Victory FL's in 10x50. Wow! What an improvement. I carry them in a Sitka harness and don't feel the weight. For looong range spotting and marmot hunting I carry an Outdoorsmans tripod. Heavy but I've also counted the points on a 4 point buck at over 1000K yards with this setup. There are a few things where light weight is the wrong compromise for me. I compensate by carrying a NULA rifle.

x2 on the harness. I modified a pair of suspenders to hold up my binos. Keeps my pants up too. I love my Steiners. I have a pair of Zeiss 10x50s, but I'm spoiled by not needing to focus the Steiners. When time is of the essence, it makes a big difference. I've got a pair of 8x30s I use for turkey hunting, a pitted set of 10x50s, and a newer pair of 12x40s Preadtors that enhance the brown colors of elk and aoudad.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.