high end binoculars

Snow, the cabelas Euro brand is rebranded Meopta, so are Nightforce spotting scopes. Meopta has the best glass for the money and in some tests even beat the Swarovskis. Comparing the meopta 12x50hd and the 12x50 EL is almost a toss up. It takes hours to notice a difference. With the meopta being half the price it's a tough decision.

Thanks for sharing. She was unfortunately not talking about the euro. They where the cheap version. Good to know on the rest through. I'm in the market for a sporting scope.

Look at the meopta S2 with the 30-60x eyepiece, it's a little more clear than the 70x

12x50 EL's, there is no better. The meoptas are nice, but don't do color or detail as well IMHO. The Victory HT's are no slouch either.

I guide full time for a couple months every year, all western Elk and Mule Deer, so lots of time spent behind glass every day. I've had various brands (Pentax, Vortex, Leupold, Minox) currently using 8.5x42 Swarovision EL's, and the new 15x56 HD's. This has been my favorite combo so far, don't see myself changing any time soon.

I guide full time for a couple months every year, all western Elk and Mule Deer, so lots of time spent behind glass every day. I've had various brands (Pentax, Vortex, Leupold, Minox) currently using 8.5x42 Swarovision EL's, and the new 15x56 HD's. This has been my favorite combo so far, don't see myself changing any time soon.

I run the 8x32 but would really like to see how they compare to the 8.5x42. Have you ever run the two side by side?

I run the 8x32 but would really like to see how they compare to the 8.5x42. Have you ever run the two side by side?

I haven't with the 8x32, but have with the 10x32. Night and day as dusk (to me), 8x32 should be brighter than the 10x32 though. I haven't personally used a bino thats better in low light the 8.5x42 swarovision.

Optical clarity can be compared side by side between all high end glass. I truly believe that there is more variations in peoples' vision than between some of the best glass. That being said, one quality that is more difficult to judge, is the ability to "look" through binos. Sure anybody can see well through binos. When you have to look through them for many hours there can be a huge difference. The first generation of Swaro SLC 15x56 were great glass, but difficult for me to "look" through. It strained my eyes. On the opposite end of that spectrum are the Swaro 12x50ELs. They are like looking through a window, no strain at all. They were truly game changers when they became available. My dad owns a pair. The newer Swaro 15x56 HDs are similar. I have spent many hours comparing glass side by side on tripods. The differences can very small between high end glass; edge clarity, light gathering, ect. I can't look through older Zeiss 15x60s very well. I get a headache when I pan. I think they are great optically, and preferred color contrast in those than the non-HD Swaro SLC 15x. I have sat side by side many times with the Zeiss, HD Swaros, and older SLC Swaros, and 12x50 ELs. It blows my mind how the much older Zeiss can hold their own against the newer glass. The Zeiss just aren't for me. I own Swaro 15x56 HD, 10x42 Leica HDBs, and Kowa Prominar Highlanders. All 3 have great clarity. The Kowas and HD Swaros are very easy to look through. The Leicas are not as easy to look though, but I prefer their RF attributes over the EL range. I am also a right handed bow hunter and the button is on the wrong side of the ELs for me.

well I have a pair of the 10x42 zeiss ht's headed my way. Hope they are worth it. It will be an expensive lesson if they aren't :rolleyes:. I will have try and do a comparison of them and my geovids and let you guys know what I think.

I have the Zeiss 10x42 Victory SF's. they were the brightest, lightest pair I tried before purchasing. I have friends with several other brands, all newer models. Leica, Swaro's, Minox, Leupold, some with ranging some without. On a late hunt last year, in the early and late times of day, the Zeiss were the brightest and clearest of all, side by side on the same animals. It was a great comparison since we were all standing next to each other and could move the units back and forth. Everyone agreed that the Zeiss were the brightest, and seemingly the clearest.

Just an observation

I have the Zeiss 10x42 Victory SF's. they were the brightest, lightest pair I tried before purchasing. I have friends with several other brands, all newer models. Leica, Swaro's, Minox, Leupold, some with ranging some without. On a late hunt last year, in the early and late times of day, the Zeiss were the brightest and clearest of all, side by side on the same animals. It was a great comparison since we were all standing next to each other and could move the units back and forth. Everyone agreed that the Zeiss were the brightest, and seemingly the clearest.

Just an observation

:D...:D....:D

As someone in here already said, I think there is more difference in people's eyes than glass. I personally use just a cheap pair of $379 bushnell 10x42 binos from about 10 years ago and my friend at the same time bought a $1000 pair of 10x42 zeiss. I have looked through his side by side with mine on numerous occasions over the years and I can see no real difference. In clarity and edge to edge. My bushnells actually seem a touch brighter to me. He says he can tell a big difference but to me, no difference. So that tells me with my eyes, I'd probably waste my money buying an expensive pair.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.